"What's going on in your mind Khan?"

"I don't think Maryam's borther's words would be enough to get both of them in jail. We need more concrete witnesses. As much as these files help, it's not enough. We need to build a stronger one against him."

Vidaan thought about his words. An idea struck him but he wasn't sure of Usama would entertain that idea, he would put Vidaan's head on a platter for even suggesting it. He knew that Usama had fallen in love with Dunya and he knew what love can do to one person. He himself would be ready to die rather than put Dunya in any harm's way.

Still, he wanted to try. "I was thinking..." He began sheepishly. Usama raised an eyebrow at his tone, a streak of suspicion in his expressions. "Why don't we ask Dunya to testify?" He said slowly, trying to gauge Usama's reaction.

Usama was calm, extremely calm. "Sure, that's not a bad idea."

Vidaan smiled excitedly. "Seriously?"

"Are you out of your bloody mind!!!" His cold tone boomef in his office, a glare directed towards Vidaan. "Why would you even suggest this stupid idea, Vidaan. You want Dunya to become their target, when they think she is dead? Even if I take her to the court, you know how these people work. They are going to tarnish Dunya's dignity if it hasn't been already."

"I understand Khan, but she is our last hope. Are you suspecting your capabilities in protecting someone? I know you will protect her. Aur woh shakhs jo hamesha kehta hai kay sach ka saath dena chahiye, bahadur ban kar galat kay khilaaf awaaz uthao, chup aur darr kar an betho, aaj wohi shakhs keh raha hai uski jaan ko khatra hoga, kay woh chup rahe? Do you not want justice for Dunya and those 25 girls that were not able to save themselves? Besides this is her only chance at proving herself innocent not only in front of the world but her family as well?" Vidaan explained his point of view calmly, making Usama really think about his words. (Are you not the same person that use to say that one should raise their voice against injustice, that they should become brave and speak against the bad, that one should not keep quite and tolerate the injustice and not be afraid? Why is the same person saying that she should remain silent because if the danger?)

There was silence for few minutes in Usama's office when Vidaan spoke again.

"Please Usama, speak to Dunya, let her chose what she wants to do."

Usama pursed his lips, his eyes going red. He knew that if Dunya agrees, what she would have to go through. He couldn't let her go through all this again, he wouldn't be able to tolerate her pain. He remembered how Dunya fainted when Zorawar Malik called, what would happen if she went in front of him. But at the end of the day it was Dunya's call to make and he would let her choose what she wanted to do

♥️♥️♥️

"Mujhse shadi karaingi?" (Will you marry me?)

Tumhara umar bhar saath panay ki
Dekho yeh aas jaagi hai.

Dunya sputtered on the food she just took a bite of, coughing. She kept coughing as the food choked her. A hand holding a glass of water appeared in front of her which she took hurriedly, drinking it one gulp.

Once her coughing fit subsided, she looked at Usama with wide eyes and red cheeks. But as soon her eyes met his, she averted them.

Silence.

Usama cleared his throat. "So...?" He aske again, nervously. "Will you? Marry me, I mean?"

Tumharay labon say haan sun'nain ki
Dekho yeh aas jaagi hai.