💌4💌

Duniya Say Kya Dil Lagana Sahib
Hum Kitabon Say Jo Dil Lagaye Bethay Hain

💌💌💌

Her eyes snapped opened at the ringtone from her phone. Groaning at the sound, she reached for her phone from the nightstand and looked at the message. It was a message from Momal, on the group chat, that they had safely reached Thanking Allah, she placed the phone back on the stand. She saw the time on the clock to see it was eight in the morning. She knew it was Sunday but her sleep was disturbed now, she wouldn't be able to sleep.

Hayat looked to her other side, Wahab was sleeping peacefully, facing her. His lips were open a little, his longs lashes casting a shadow over his cheeks. His one hand was on his stomach and the other under his head. She kept looking at him, mesmerised at the sight in front of her. Her heart skipped a beat, which was happening quite often these days around him. Her eyes kept roaming around his face, few strands of his hair was spread across her forehead, her hands itched to remove them.

Just as she raised her hand, she dropped it just as soon. She quickly darted her eyes away from him face and towards the lawn that was visible through the open curtains, she must have forgotten to close them before sleeping.

Her heart yearned to look at him again but she quickly scolded herself. 'Nahi, Hayat. Jo bhi mehsoos kar rahi ho, woh abhi say hi band kardo. Jis raste par tum chalna chahti ho, udhar sirf kante hain, phool toh bohot peeche choot gaye.' (No, Hayat. Whatever you are feeling, stop it now. The road that you have chosen is full of thorns, the flowers are left far behind.)

She quickly got out of her bed and ran towards the bathroom and got ready to help Hamna in cooking breakfast, she must have gotten up by now as well. The four of the elders, along with Momal and Bilal had gone for Umrah. They had left the kids with them. They had left few hours ago hence Momal messaged her of their arrival.

She first went to the kids rooms and saw that they were sleeping, she decided to not wake them up yet. She walked towards the kitchen and saw that Hamna was already there.

"I think only the two of us woke up, our husbands are enjoying their sleep." Hamna said, after greeting. "You want tea?" She was making tea for herself.

Hayat shook her head at the offer. "I'll make coffee when Wahab wakes up, I'll make one for myself then as well." She said, taking the things out to make breakfast.

Hanam looked at her carefully, thinking whether she should ask her. Hayat looked at him with an arched eyebrow, noticing her facial expressions.

"Is everything alright between you and bhai?" Hamna asked, feeling awkward asking her that.

Hayat felt a sense of deja vu at the question. "Yeah, everything is fine. Why?" She asked, trying to stay busy so that she doesn't have to look at her.

"I don't know, it might be my delusion, but there seems to be a cold stance between you two." Hamna shrugged. "Everyone has been noticing that, but no one got the courage to ask. It might just be a husband wife thing."

Hayat faked a smile and looked at her. "No Hanam, everything is fine, trust me." She looked back down at the ingredients in front of her.