My Tearsoaked Heart *{5}* (Picture of Matthew)

Sorry if I haven't been posting, I'm trying to reach my word goal before the end of the month and I'm pretty close! I'm working on chapter 9 at the moment though I thought I should post a chapter before going back to writing like hell! Lol :)

Anyways Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~ Chapter 5 ~~

I grabbed my yellow backpack and purple plaided shoulder bag from the boot of the car and followed Nick up the white marble stairs that lead to a pair of white large double doors. His house never seemed to fail to astound me of the high quality of everything though some things in his house went a bit overboard like an indoor and outdoor pool. You only need one pool though according to Nick, he likes to swim in winter and the heated pool helps.

We left the well-kept lawn, sprawled with roses and grass hedges before walking through the grand doors that I could maybe call home for the next three months. We entered the grand foyer, the clacks of our shoes echoing throughout the room, disturbing the silence.

"Nick, is that you?" A familiar voice echoed from another room which I presumably thought was the kitchen.

"Aunt Jen?" I called looking around frantically towards the destination of her voice. A couple seconds later a lady with auburn red hair and brown eyes walked through the entrance to the kitchen. A yellow apron tied securely around her waist and she hastily wiped the back and fronts of her hands against the food stained fabric.

"Oh Rose! I'm so sorry about what happened!" She said horrified as she came up and hugged me tightly.

I blinked my eyes quickly, forcing myself not to cry.

"It's okay." I whispered before she hesitantly let go, sending me an apologetic face.

Jennifer was Nick’s wife that had gotten married two years before we had left. She like Nick was kind and loving, and I treated her like my second mother. I guess Nick and Jennifer were my backup parents.

Her dark brown eyes removed their attention from me as she looked behind her to a new voice, "Mum why did I have to wear a suit? I feel like a chimp wearing shoes."

Mum? Since when did Aunt Jen have children? I thought quizzically.

I followed her gesture and looked at the person walking towards us. He was incredibly handsome, and if I did believe in perfection I would say that he came pretty close to it. He wasn't heavily muscular though had at least more than a visible six pack under his blue business shirt which was secured with a grey tie around his neck that was done poorly. He wore a black tuxedo jacket over the top and his pants mimicked the colour of his jacket as well as his leather shiny shoes. His brown chocolate hair was scattered everywhere like he just woke up though it suited him and his perfect tan.

Though what I couldn't drag my eyes away from was his eyes. Two exactly the same pools of greyish-blue surrounded the blackness of his pupils. They were so mesmerising and one of a kind that I suddenly felt envious though I quickly regretted it. I had my fathers’ eyes, and I wouldn't swap them for the world. When he looked at me he smiled, showing two rows of perfect white teeth.

I stood there stunned at how good looking he was and quickly shook out of it, just staring back at him in return. Like I said I couldn't smile and it wasn't going to change.

"Hey, I'm Matthew." His voice was husky and deep as his musical voice flittered into my ears.

I nodded stupidly, "Rose." I whispered.

"Matthew! You didn't do your tie properly!" His mother scolded him and I watched in amusement as he tried to fix it.

"It suits his look," I mumbled to myself though mentally slapping myself when I noticed everyone heard.