My Tearsoaked Heart *{39}*

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                          ~ Chapter 39 ~

Opening my eyes slowly I let out a small yawn, stretching my arms. My hand came into contact with a firm jaw and my eyes flew open in time to find Matthew groaning.

“Not the nicest of wakeup calls,” he mumbled, rubbing his jaw before smiling lazily at me.

It wasn’t till then I noticed I was still resting my head on his legs, one of his arms sitting across my stomach.

Sitting up hastily, I wanted to put space between us but I was thrown back on the couch, this time so he was lying down with me, his face close to mine.

“Matthew, let me up.”

He shook his head stubbornly, eyes closed as he wrapped his arms around me tightly.

“Five more minutes.”

It was my turn to shake my head quickly, pushing against his shoulders.

“Matthew!”

I was suddenly tugged closer which made all my protests come to a halt.

“The more you struggle the tighter I’ll hold you.”

I scowled, looking back up to meet his eyes which were closed, a content smile gracing his lips.

My cheeks heated, glad he wasn’t looking at me because if he was the flush would be crawling up my neck.

Sneaking a glance, I trailed my eyes over his face. The firm jaw, lightly tanned skin, the bridge of his nose down to his lips. The moment my eyes centred on the latter I snapped my eyes away, trying to get free.

“Matthew.” I warned him and he only pulled me closer, my breath catching in my throat.

“I said five minutes. It’s only been two.” He mumbled, snuggling into me and I bit my lip.

“Matthew…”

“My parents are coming back today,” he said out of the blue.

It was silent for a moment before I sat up harshly, looking down at him as he let out a deep yawn.

“WHAT?! Why didn’t you say anything before you birdbrain?!”

“You never asked.”

“Ugh!” untangling myself from his arms I quickly made my way out of the room. I had to clean the house at least. Sure it wasn’t messy but the floors could do with a little sweeping and vacuuming. They probably were hungry as well, so lunch was a definite must.

I hand pulled at my wrist and it was so easy to identify his touch now. He grabbed my wrist way too often.

“What’s wrong? Why are you so stressed?”
I turned to face him, glaring. “Because I have no time to welcome them back. The house is a mess and that’s what they are coming home to.”

The bell rang at that very moment and my eyes widened. They were here already?! Surely it was only as early as nine o’clock.

Sending him a panicked look I sprinted towards the front door, excited to see them, however, on the other hand scolding myself for not doing something about welcoming them home.

Pulling the door open eagerly I looked up to find someone completely different, leaving me shocked.

“A…Aunt Lyn…?”