Dinner Difficulties

Midoriya's P.O.V

   I wake up in my bed a sharp pain filling my back. It was hard to sit up at this point without being in major pain. Being in love is painful. It's especially painful when you know that the person you love can't live the rest of your life together, and even more painful knowing full well they don't like you back. Sitting up with tears in my eyes, I feel my back. A handful of feathers came off and most of them are covered in blood. Looking at my hands, the blood, the feathers, I can't help but let the tears fall. Flowing down my face, I don't try to wipe them away. I knew this would happen eventually. I should have been better prepared for this. Lifting myself out of the bed, I go to the shower. Turning it on and adjusting it to the correct heat, I peel off my clothes. Dropping the rather large grey shirt on the floor I realize that it isn't mine. Blushing, I realize that Shoto must have changed me. That cute moment lasted for one second before my wings started to hurt like hell.

   Ignoring the sweet gesture, I hop in the shower, washing my hair and body. Looking down at the floor, I see the red water go down the drain. I shutter as my blood goes down the drain. You would think that the blood loss would have made me faint at this point but it's just the blood from my wings. Once I fall deeper into the torture regular people call love, I will start to lose the blood pumping through my heart. I won't last for more than two days before I start to loose too much blood and die. I would think I was ready for death after being prepared for 15 years, but it still terrifies me. Rinsing the soap off of my hair, I grab the warm towel on the towel rack. After swishing it over my hair enough for it to not be dripping, I wrap it around my waist before looking back at my dresser. 6:47. How long did I sleep?   I question walking to my dresser to chooses an outfit. I choose a pair or black boxers, some light blue jeans, and a pale yellow sweater. Slipping my clothes on, I go back to the bathroom to dry my hair and feathers. Turning the blow dryer that was sat on the granite countertop, I angle it towards my hair. After getting my hair dry I shake my head around giving it its signature messy look before spreading my half feathered wings and blowing the warm air at them.

   Once my feathers are completely dry, I rest them gently on my back, wincing slightly. I won't be able to spread my wings without wincing and being in a lot of pain. Walking towards the door, I notice a note on it. Taking it off I read what it says.

   ~Meet me in my room at 7:00. I have a surprise for you

                                                                      ~Shoto

   Blushing at his sweet note, I loom at the clock on my bed side table it reads 7:03. Shit! Ripping open the door I start to bolt down the hall. Without even knocking I run into his room, and a mouth watering smell hits my nostrils. Looking towards his bed I find where that amazing smell is coming from. Soba. I hear him giggle slightly before looking at me. "Have you ever had soba?" he questions his stare quizzical and curious. "No but it smells amazing."  He looks somewhat shocked before gesturing me towards his bed. I sit down and look at the setup. He has an array of small candles on his bed side table. The bed has two small wooden trays with two bowls of soba noodles and two smaller bowls of soy sauce. There were chopsticks and two glasses of water on the trays as well. He sat in front of one tray, moving the other in front of me. "I've never used chopsticks before." I say quietly but just loud enough for him to hear. He grabs the second pair and broke them down the middle. Holding his own he hands me mine. "Just move your fingers like this." he demonstrates holding them perfectly. "Then grab a heap of noodles and dip them in the sauce." He dips the noodles making a loud slurping noise as he eats them. Trying it out myself, I fail miserably. The second I try to move my chopsticks, they fall into the noodle bowl. Shoto grabs his own, digging in my bowl and dipping them in the sauce bowl before holding the noodles in front of my face. "Slurp the noodles like I did. They taste amazing!" Doing as he said, I chew for a bit before swallowing the noodles. They had a really nutty and earthy taste to them. Eating more noodles, I get a bit of the sauce on my face. Todoroki took his napkin and wiped it away. I winced. One of my feathers had fallen off, I could feel it. Grabbing where it fell out, I winced even more when I felt blood. Taking my hand off my back, I run to the bathroom sink to rinse my hand. Shoto had followed me, obviously worried as to why I had run away without an explaination.

   "Are you okay?" he questions looking worried. This makes me even more worried as I start to ramble. "Imgoingtodie. Imgoingtodie. Imgoingtodie! Imgoingtodie! IMGOINGTODIE!" I scream, making Shoto flinch.  He holds my body close to his and as I dig my face into his chest, he starts whispering calming words in my ears. Relaxing slightly, I look up from his chest. "I'm s-sorry-y" I tremble, letting the tears fall like they did moments ago in my room. Hugging me tightly, making sure not to crush my wings, I feel a group of feathers fall. Wiping my tears away, he looks me in the eyes. "You will be okay." he says calmly. How can he be so calm, despite the fact that I am dying in his arms? "I know this might hurt you but I feel like you need to know." he says looking me in the eyes. "What is it?" I ask, curious at to what could hurt me at this point. 

                                                        "I love you."

   I can't take more than two seconds to process his words before I feel his lips on mine. They were soft and warm, and I couldn't help but melt at his touch. For one moment in my life I felt complete. But I also felt like I could fall apart at any second.