After about a minute of work Yoongi had finally managed to detach the net from the small little thing. Carefully he lifted the net, making sure he wouldn't hurt the animal.

The second he realized he was free the pup jumped to its feet and ran away a couple of feet before turning around to Yoongi, eying him in suspicion. As if he was the one who had caught him and not the one who had freed him.

"Was a pleasure to me too. I'm glad you know how to say thank you." Yoongi muttered sarcastically when the pup seized him up, before barking a couple of times and turning around, now finally running off completely.

Honestly Yoongi had expected that to be it. A short encounter with a puppy that seemed to think he was a bad person. Like Yoongi hadn't saved its ass. Dense little thing.

But when he woke up the next morning and walked through the door in order to go to the toilet (of course there wasn't one in the shed and he had to use the one in his parents' house) there was a very familiar pile of fur lying on the lawn about ten meters from his door. It was watching Yoongi with big, round, curious and still a bit suspicious eyes.

Yoongi was okay with animals. But he certainly wasn't someone who'd walk up to wild ones to pet them. So instead of moving towards it like it seemed to expect he just sighed and continued walking towards his parents' house.

After he had finished his business he simply walked back to his small shed, not even bothering to check whether that dog was still there. Maybe their lawn was just that comfortable.

When he woke up again around eleven am, he was sweating like a waterfall. At some point he'd have to leave the small room again, but he was sure his mum would make him go on a walk or something and if there was anything he was willing to do even less than sitting around and dying of heat it was tagging along on one of his mother's strolls.

At some point the heat that seemed to get even worse in the small room was getting so bad he had no other choice but to open the door. The hot air outside felt surprisingly refreshing. A couple of meters from him the dog was still lying on the floor. Apparently it had fallen asleep.

Yoongi really wondered how he was able to survive with that thick fur of its. Deciding that he wasn't going to survive much longer either, Yoongi grabbed swimming shorts and slipped them on, before walking into the garden wearing only them.

He grabbed the garden hose, turning the water on before letting the cold water trickle over his body. The scratch from the day before burned on his arm, but aside from that he felt relieve wash over him at the cold sensation.

The puppy stirred, probably waking up, and looked at Yoongi with wide eyes. Yoongi stared right back, grinning before teasingly squirting a bit of water into the dog's direction. At first the pup jumped to its feet, yipping loudly and trying to run off, but curiosity seemed to beat its concerns.

Slowly he moved towards the spurt of water, tapping it with its snout. Yoongi tried to hold the hose as steady as he could. After a couple of seconds of being careful the young dog made a happy noise and started rolling in the dirt where the cold water had softened the ground.

Yoongi watched amusedly as the gray dog covered itself in dirt. Apparently it had felt hot too after all.

The rest of the day Yoongi spent lazing around in the garden, reading, writing lyrics or just daydreaming. Whenever he got up the dog would follow him a couple of steps, but he never came too close. Instead almost running off whenever Yoongi would dare to take a step his way.

It was quite amusing. Especially when he was back again the next day too. This time Yoongi didn't have time to hang out in the garden though. Instead his parents had arranged a meeting with some of their friends and of course Yoongi was forced to tag along. They loved showing him off. Their son they could be so proud off, who was visiting a college in Seoul.

"You're here again?" Yoongi said out loud when he spotted the small dog again, sitting on his lawn, contently burying its snoot in the cold earth.

It was funny. Even though the small thing seemed rather keen on staying away from Yoongi it also kept coming back. Not that Yoongi even tried to get too close to him. He was content with the dog and its claws keeping their distance.

"Want a treat?" If he was right they should still have some dog treats from when they still had their German shepherd.

The dog didn't react. Of course it didn't. Why would it.

Yoongi went to pick up some treats. As much as he wasn't really the biggest fan of dogs he enjoyed the pup's company. It was better than being alone.

The young dog almost looked a bit disgusted when it sniffed the treat, before looking at Yoongi like he was trying to poison him. "So you're a picky eater huh?" Yoongi asked.

No answer. The dog sneezed before walking a couple of meters away again. It was almost like he was trying to provoke Yoongi.

"Stuck up doormat."

A/N

So even though I'm not done with the story I might as well just post the first chapter.

I can't promise how regular the updates are going to be yet though. Anyways have fun<3

Pup | Yoonkookजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें