Chapter 1: Reminicsing

The last thing I remember was the screams and Lexy's body on the stone ground

The last thing I remember was the screams and Lexy's body on the stone ground. The pain, the unbearable pain. It felt like I was being burned alive, but the feeling was only on my neck. How could this have happened? Why did it happen? I guess it doesn't matter anymore. Why would it? I'm already dead. Before I get into it all, let me tell you about what happened before I got trapped in this hell on earth.
Lexy got an e-mail about a job offer, included with an exceptionally high salary as a Personal Shopper in Paris, the fashion capital of the world, as she called it. It didn't seem legit, but she insisted that I'd come with her to explore the city. According to the e-mail, all of the travel costs would be paid for, with other expenses, along with an entire week's stay at a 5-star hotel for free. "Come on Claudz, it'll be fun I promise you won't regret this." Lexy's voice echoes in my head, "you won't regret this". Yeah right. But hey, you know what they say, if it's too good to be true, then it is. If only it wasn't so hard to say no to Lexy. We were more than friends though, more like sisters. After my parents died when I was little, her parents took me in. We grew up together. Hell, we were practically inseparable, despite our differences. When we turned 16, Lexy's parents passed away in a car accident. Her grandmother Abigail took us in. I called her grams. We put her through hell in our teen years, but she managed to put up with it. We found her lying lifeless on the kitchen floor when we came home. She died from heart failure. "Grams!" I scream inside my head at the thought of that horrible memory.

After the funeral me and Lex went back home. We planned to move out since we couldn't afford to live there anymore. Two months after grams passed a man knocked on our door. He told us that he was Grams's attorney, but she never mentioned him to us. He looked to be almost 30 years of age, he had long dirty blonde waist-length hair and wore an expensive suit with a deep green blazer. Grams had left us a fortune of half a million dollars. As you would expect, our jaws had dropped at the news. The attorney left us the check, shook our hands, wished us a good day, and left. That was it, neither of us caught his name, nor did he leave his card. I and Lex already started to make plans on what to do with the money. Automatic payments for the utilities, and savings account in case of an emergency. The possibilities were endless.

Lexy chose to spend her share on getting her degree in Fashion Design and traveling the world. I got my degree in Fine Arts and invested in a business of my own. Lexy often took me with her on her travels, unexpectedly. She talked me into things I was never really interested in. For someone who dressed like a beautiful delicate flapper Lexy was pretty adventurous. She was truly a wonderful person, she didn't deserve what happened to her. If only— if only I could have done something to save us—to save her.

"She'd still be alive!" I shout. A glass cup falls off the secretary's desk, causing her to gasp. "What in the world?" I've been dead for about a year now and since then I've caused all sorts of trouble. I even broke the cables that held the elevator up while two vampires were still in it. Sadly, neither of them suffered any serious damage. Two of them walk by. For my entertainment, I make their hoods fall over their faces. They bump into each other and fall flat on their behinds. They grunt in frustration. The secretary giggles. I know I'm hilarious. I have to say, being a ghost wasn't so bad. I get to do whatever I want without any regard for the consequences. But I still missed Lexy. While I remained earthbound she crossed over. I wonder if she's waiting for me up there with grams?
"Now what is so funny Angelica?" One of the vampires angrily asks. I remember him clear as day, he was the one that killed me. Angelica coughs nervously "Nothing-Dem—Demetri." She puts a hand behind her neck and avoids his eyes. Good thing too, the look on this guy's face was nothing less than pure evil.

"Hm. It's all right." He says in a calm tone. He puts his forefinger under her chin then gently lifts her head, and caresses her cheek with his thumb. "I'm sure you didn't mean it. All is forgiven." He smiles. The smile seemed sweet and genuine. This was how he tricked the other secretaries into believing they were safe. "Liar!" I shout. My unnoticeable outburst causes a gust of wind to flow in the hallway resulting in a sheet of paper flying right on the man's face. The secretary covers her mouth in shock. They all look around confused. Being haunted must be something that isn't common for vampires. "We need to consult with Aro about this." The other vampire comments, that he was tall, around 6'7 foot. He was the one that killed Lexy. I make a lamp fly straight to his face. He grunts wipe the shards of glass off himself and look at Angelica enraged. "It wasn't me I swear" she pleads. He doesn't say a word to her. The two guards rush to the room where their "masters" always stayed. Angelica breathes a sigh of relief. That was a close call, not that it matters anyway, I already know how her story ends. Like all the others before her, they come with the hopes of becoming one of these monsters, instead, they get the life drained out of them.

 Like all the others before her, they come with the hopes of becoming one of these monsters, instead, they get the life drained out of them