You're So Busted!

Start from the beginning

"Cuphead deserves a bonus for keeping his brother company all day! I know it must be hard on the lad not to be out running about the island." The tan kettle explained. Even though Grim did not make eye contact with him anymore, he was still listening to his passenger intently. The dragon noticed a group of kids racing about the island. They seemed to move in a stealth-like manner, hiding behind trees and structures to avoid being seen by adults. Grim watched as they emerged from their hiding spot one-by-one. A single youngster caught his attention. The red and white straw protruding from his head made it clear who that particular someone was. The green dragon lurched to a stop. Kettle's body began to pitch forward, nearly face planting into one of the creature's spikes. Gloved hands pressed against the thick scales to keep himself from doing so.

"What's the matter, Grim?" The elderly person inquired as the dragon's line of sight seemed to be locked somewhere on the ground.

"Um... I'm not sure how to break this to you..." Grim started. "You said the boys were supposed to stay home today, right?"

"Yes...." Kettle slowly dragged out. For he was nervous to find out what was to come out of the dragon's mouth.

"Okay, well, there's no way to sugarcoat this, " The creature cleared his throat before continuing. "Cuphead is down there with that group of children." A white claw pointed down towards where the group of youngsters congregated. "I don't see Mugman around anywhere." He added.

Elder Kettle gave a sigh of disappointment as he followed the dragon's claw that was pointing down to his boy.

"Should we go down there?" The flying lizard asked.

"If you would, Grim. I need to find out where Mugman is and why Cuphead isn't with him." Kettle explained as his disappointed tone seemed to drag out the words. He just couldn't understand what was so hard to comprehend about staying home with his brother for one day. Cup's guardian meant to find out though.

"Roger that!" Grim said. The velocity of his wings' mighty flaps slowed as they descended upon the island. Cuphead and the kids stopped in their tracks when the green dragon landed on the ground in front of them. Grim lie down on the grassy ground as a puff of smoke emitted from his nostrils. The dragon's long neck arched upwards, holding his head up high. This gave him a good view of each of the children in the group. His left wing extended down like a ramp for his elderly guest. Grabbing his cane, the kettle slid down the wing as if it were a slide. The tan kettle then stood up, stretched his back, and took a few steps toward his son. Cuphead was certainly surprised to get a visit from his guardian all the way out here.

"Elder Kettle? What are you doing here?" The young cup inquired.

"I'm back from my business trip." His grandfather stated.

"Has it really been that long already?" Cup wondered aloud, having lost track of time. His peers, however, began to back away from the scene. They acted as a group when playing pranks, but when they got caught, it was every man for himself. And many of them could feel that the cup was about to get reprimanded.

"Yes, Cuphead." Elder Kettle stated in a serious tone. "Where is your brother?"

"He's at home." The red cup truthfully replied.

"Well, why aren't you with him?" Kettle's serious tone continued as he interrogated his boy.

"Mugman said it was okay if I went out to play for a little." Cuphead explained.

"And you just left him all alone?" His voice now began to raise a little. The cup's peers chuckled a bit at what was happening. However, they wouldn't be laughing if they were the ones getting punished.