"Alex!" I screamed as he fell to the ground with a grunt clutching his stomach.

"You bitch, I told you to stay in your cage!" Colton screamed at me.

"Don't talk to her like that!" Alexander growled standing up and punching him. His voice wasn't the soothing one I remembered. It was a deeper tone and raspier.

Colton tried to push him away but failed as he was much stronger.

All of a sudden I felt someone push me. A man came behind me and held me tightly while Sarah was standing up as she had been pushed too.

"Sarah" Jason came through the door panting.

Colton took out a gun and pointed at Alexander.

"Say goodbye to the love of your life sister" He laughed hysterically. "Choose now sis, you either stay here with me and nobody gets hurt or you try to leave and I pull the trigger"

This was just another one of his games.

"You can kill me, torture me and hurt me but for the love of a God don't hurt her" Alexander said softly.

"Alex" Jason looked at him giving him a nod. "Now"

Alex laughed and crossed his arms. It was a laugh I'd never heard come from him again. Similar to Colton's but scarier. Darker. It let you know that he was about to let out his monster take over.

He surprised us by walking towards my brother. What really surprised me though it was that my brother wouldn't shoot. He stood there with wide eyes.

"Stop, I'll shoot you" My brother threatened his hands shaking violently.

"Go ahead. Shoot me. If you can aim with your hands shaking like that" Alex scoffed walking towards him. "Pull the trigger Colton" He sang. "I know the gun is empty Colton, don't try to bluff" he was now in front of him. Colton looked panicked as he hit Alex in the head with the gun multiple times.

Jason whistled and dozens of men came in the room. The next things were just chaos. Men fighting, me being set free from that man's hold. Men shooting each other. I saw Jason taking Sarah out the front door.

I was pulled to the hallway by someone which made me collapse since I couldn't walk, but arms wrapped around me.

"Baby" He whispered in my ear. I smiled sadly hearing this word.

I thought I would never hear his voice again.

Don't get all emotional now Ari, you don't have time for that.

"Let's get you out of here" He said and put my arms around his wide shoulders hissing a little.

"Alex, your arm-"

"Sh, let's go" He whispered and took me outside. A car was already in front of us. I saw Jason driving and Sarah in the back seat. Alex quickly put me in the back seat with Sarah as we saw some men getting in cars trying to chase us.

Jason started driving while the car chased us. Alex took out a gun as we heard some gunshots. He started aiming at the cars chasing us.

I could hear the screeching of the tires and the loud gunshots. My ears were in pain.

"One down, three to go" Alexander informed Jason.

"Sarah what's happening?" I asked her.

"Don't be scared, we're going back home" she assured me.

After Alex had shot the tires of all the cars that were chasing us, Jason stopped driving like a lunatic and Alex put the gun down and took out his phone.

"How many went down?" He asked into the phone "Fine, take both of them to the place and don't leave any one there. We'll talk about the rest later" he ordered and hung up.

I heard Jason ask him something and they started murmuring but I couldn't make anything out.

They stopped talking and Jason focused on the road. I noticed Alexander was looking out the window probably lost in his thoughts.

Today I saw a side of him I didn't even know existed. I don't know where he found so many guns or so many men. I don't know how he tracked us down or how he knew Colton was bluffing. I didn't know where that power radiating off of him was coming from.

He was just a different person today, more confident, mysterious and powerful.

I didn't know how I felt about the fact that he had hurt people, or the fact that he has done it before.

Maybe that is his secret. Maybe that's why he had so many weapons in that drawer hidden in his closet.

But why do I still feel so safe around him? Am I that stupid and naive?

"Alex, you're bleeding" Jason pointed out interrupting my thoughts.

"Yeah it's nothing" Alexander brushed it off.

"Alex there is a bullet in your arm"

A what?!

"Gabriel stop" he grunted.

Okay but is Gabriel like his middle name? Or his last name?

"We're taking you to a hospital it might get infected till we arrive at home-"

"You think walking into a hospital covered in blood that's not mine is a good idea?" He rasped darkly.

So I was right. The blood wasn't his.

It made me shiver that a man that was so caring to me could have this side to him. I was scared he could be like my brother but he he couldn't be, no. He only showed this side when he had to right? He was the caring Alexander I knew and that wouldn't change.

"We need to take Aria to a hospital too" Jason said.

"Well drive faster then" He ordered.

Why is he like this?

"Will you stop being an ass?"

"I will when I know we're home safe"

"Then make this easier for me by shutting up your shit hole mouth"

"Guys stop" I interrupted them upset because of their fight.

"Why?" They both asked at the same time.

"Don't fight now"

"Oh Aria, we're not fighting this is how we talk to each other on the daily don't worry" Jason chuckled and brushed it off.

Wow boys are something else.

I was mentally and physically exhausted so I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

I just hope we get home safe so Alex and I can talk about some things. I need him to tell me this time.

Just like I told him that day.