26

As soon as he spoke that, before any of us could even begin to think of how to respond to that, Aaliyah's head turned towards me, her eyes open.

I felt my heart drop.

"Aaliyah" her dad immediately spoke.

She didn't speak.

I looked to Ashton, seeing him standing with his arms crossed, a purely pissed facial expression.

"I wanna be alone" she spoke quietly, never looking to any of us.

"Aaliyah, let me explain" her dad spoke, but she didn't move.

"I don't feel good, just go" she mumbled out, pulling her blankets higher up on her.

"Princess-" "she wants us to leave, that's what we need to do" Ashton spoke as I stood.

"You can't make me leave my daughters room" he laughed out, making me immediately raise my eyebrow to him

Ashton laughed lightly

"Actually I can, I can do anything I want, because I'm the Doctor here- so leave and when she's ready for visitors again, I will inform you" he spat quickly, making the dad almost huff out

He didn't speak another word before leaving.

"We'll be right down the hall, just push the nurses button if you need anything, okay pretty girl?" I spoke, giving her hand a small squeeze.

"Thank you, just give me like thirty minutes" she mumbled, making us both nod slowly

I respected her and left the room, as much as I wanted to stay in there and hold her, assuring her that someone gave a fuck about her, I didn't.

I left because that's what she wanted.

Aaliyah.

I felt foggy, which I'm sure was the medicines.

I couldn't even exactly process what had happened, I woke up to my dad talking about how selfish him and my mom were for making me genetically.

And then he just basically said that if I was sick and dying, he would just hope that they find a donor in time.

So no extra precautions.

No worry

No regret

Just happy that they had their angel child healthy for the moment

And I can't help but question, what will happen to me when Tracey is completely healed?

Just as I felt my eyes involuntarily shutting, I heard the door open before small steps, but I didn't move.

I felt the blankets get slowly pulled back, making me know it was one of the guys, so I kept my eyes shut- not worrying about it,

I felt the bandage get carefully pulled away before it was put back down and a cooling rag was placed over the area.

I felt the sheets go back over me before I unexpectedly felt a body gently embrace my own.

Like a laying down, backwards hug.

"I'm sorry" Ashton's voice quietly whispered before he slowly let me go, his footsteps leading away

As I thought about his apology, trying to piece together exactly what he was apologizing for, I fell into a bliss darkness.

Luke.

"And she was awake the whole fucking time?" Calum cussed, the four of us all angry at what had happened.

"And there's nothing we can do about this situation?" Michael asked.

"Nothing we can legally do unless Aaliyah is willing to step forward and be done donating to her sister" I spoke, having already researched everything.

The three of them sighed as we all looked to each other

"This is horrible to say" Ashton mumbled.

"But she technically isn't my patient- she's saving my patients life, and if I could- I would stop it all" he mumbled.

"What do you mean?" Michael asked quietly, making him look to all of us.

"I don't want to operate on Aaliyah again, it's not fair" he spoke, exhaling as he looked to his feet.

"We don't have any choices" Calum mumbled.

Ashton put his head into his hands.

"I just wish there was a way to get her out of this and keep Tracey alive forever"