20

"So tonight we will get you into a room and monitor you overnight to be sure that everything is okay, and then tomorrow morning we will do everything" Ashton spoke slowly, his eyes not leaving my own, making me slowly nod.

They ended up leaving, Ashton coming back every few hours to check in and make sure everything was okay.

"How do doctors not take enough fucking bone marrow to be sure-" "that's not even what happened" I mumbled out, making my mom, dad and Tracey all look to me.

"Her body rejected the tissue- they took enough, it just didn't work" I shrugged.

"Well it's on them either way, they didn't do something right" my mom spat towards me, making me roll my eyes.

Within an hour later, Ashton came and got me, telling me it was time to go to my room for the night.

I told everyone goodnight before leaving with Ashton, bringing spare clothes to my room.

"How are you feeling about all this?" He asked as we entered a room a few doors down the hall.

I didn't want to do it.

But I opted for a simple shoulder shrug, sitting on the edge of the bed and looking to him.
He pulled a chair directly in front of me, sitting to where his knees touched my own.

"Are you scared?" He asked me.

The question made tears come into my eyes.

Never did I want to do an epidural again.
I didn't even want to have kids- just because of that one needle.

I wasn't ready for the recovery again.

"I'm not" I shook my head slowly.

He ended up grabbing my hands, sympathy covering his face.

"Will it hurt more since I just did this not long ago?" I asked him.

"No, you'll be just as numb, we'll have even more relaxers on board, you won't feel a thing" He almost promised me, squeezing my hands firmly.

"And you guys are actually going to let us go home?" I questioned, almost hoping that the answer would be no.

He slowly nodded.

"Of course, only if everything goes well with you." He spoke firmly.

I nodded slowly, looking to our hands.

"You know, if you don't want to do it- you don't have to-" "since when?" I almost whispered.

"Aaliyah, you know we aren't going to force you into a surgery you don't wa-" "I never said you would" I mumbled, taking my hands from his own, rubbing my face gently.

"Do you not want to do this? Because I'll talk to your parents- I'll make damn sure-" "no Ashton, it's fine" I dismissed the topic that he was getting quite heated from.

"I would never be able to forgive myself if something happened to Tracey" I spoke truthfully.

Within the hour all four of the guys joined us, us all talking mainly about the surgery.

"What time tomorrow?" I asked.

"You're scheduled for eight" Calum spoke slowly.

I slowly nodded.

"Is there any way around the epidural?" I asked slowly, seeing them all look to me.

"No, there's nothing else, I'm sorry sweetie" michael spoke for the group, which I dismissed with a nod.

Luke.

Soon the three of them left to go clock out- which I had already done, so I stayed, looking to the young girl who had so much stress on her shoulders.

Her eyes moved to me.

I could tell she wanted to cry, her eyes were glossy and red, she was distracting herself by playing with her rings or the end of her hair.

"Come here" I mumbled, climbing into bed with her and pulling her into a tight hug, which she immediately hugged me back into.

I closed my eyes, just holding her, wishing she had better circumstances.

And just like that, the all day and no sleep hit me and her at the same time