13

I watched with tears in my eyes as the three of them all walked around the room, grabbing items.

"How long does the IV have to stay in?" I asked as Ashton came to my side, setting a few things on the night stand.

"I'll take it out first thing in the morning" he spoke slowly.

At the sound of that, I immediately wanted to let my tears fall

I hated needles so much- there was no way I was getting any sleep tonight.

"Let's get the scab off first and then do the IV" Calum spoke as they all discussed for several minutes.

They nodded in agreement- Michael entering as I slowly turned to lay on my stomach.

I heard gloves snapping on and I felt Luke's hands take my own.

"An infection?" I heard Michael speak.

"With a scab over it" Calum finished slowly.

The room went quietly as I felt a cold wipe on several areas around the sore part of my back.

As I felt the needle break the skin, I immediately squeezed my eyes shut tightly.

They gave it a moment to numb before I heard Ashton speak

"Okay, don't move away from us fast, okay Aaliyah?"

"Okay" I spoke quietly, squeezing Luke's hands tighter.

I felt a lot of pressure- which didn't feel great, but was nothing compared to the epidural.

"And done, we're just going to put a bandaid over it" Calum's voice spoke.

Slowly they helped me sit back up, and this was the part I dreaded

I felt like such a baby

"Why can't I just take antibiotics by mouth?" I spoke as I noticed Ashton setting up the stuff for an IV.

"It won't get into your system fast enough" he spoke slowly, pushing a few baby hairs out of my face.

I rubbed my eyes, trying to think of anyway to get out of this.

"As soon as I get it in, I'm going to give you a relaxer and it will calm all the stress in your body down, you'll have nothing to worry about, you'll fall asleep and before you even wake up tomorrow I'll take the IV out" he spoke slowly, never looking away from me.

"Hug me?" I questioned as I looked to Luke.

"Of course" he immediately mumbled.

I rested into Luke as I felt the wipe on the crook of my arm.

I squeezed Luke as I felt the needle pierce through my skin.

I felt him carefully tape it down before I almost instantly felt a cold rush through my arm.

"I can't sleep with that in my arm" my voice cracked as he hooked it up to tubing.

"In a few minutes you'll get so sleepy, you won't even notice it" He spoke quietly, grabbing my hand gently.

"I don't believe you" I spoke back, knowing that it would be almost impossible for me to forget the needle in my arm.

"Trust me, I think I know what I'm talking about"