9

"Right now- physical" I cried out, feeling his hand push my own away from my face.

"Take a deep breath- just breathe for a minute" he spoke, breathing deeply himself, making me mimic the action.

One my crying stopped, he nodded.

"I'm going to put an IV in your arm and give you a small dose of morphine- I won't give you any more of this, because it will knock out most of the pain, after this you'll just get forms of numbers and relaxers" He spoke slowly, his eyes never looking away from my own.

"I really don't like needles" I cried out again- seeing a shocked expression fly across his face.

"Aaliyah- I didn't even know that, you took that epidural like a fucking boss-" "no I cried into Calum, I just wiped my tears before you guys could see it" I spoke through a hiccup, feeling him rub my arms gently.

"One thing you'll learn- you never have to hide those tears from the four of us, we're here to hold you through those tears" he spoke, giving my hand a small squeeze.

"Does it have to be an IV?" I asked as he stood, walking to unlock a cabinet where he looked at all of the items.

"I wanted to give you fluids to help incase you're becoming dehydrated, but if you promise me that you'll drink plenty of water, I won't do the IV, I'll just give you a shot" he spoke, looking to me.

"I promise" I spoke

You could get me to promise anything if you told me that I wouldn't have to sit with a needle in my arm all night.

He locked the cabinet back, coming back to my side.

"Now, this is going to make you very medicated- you'll almost instantly feel some relief, and you're going to get very sleepy" he spoke, snapping gloves on while speaking.

"My parents are with Tracey?" I asked.

"Yes, I just finished her transplant, that's the only reason I'm still here- and I stopped by to make sure you were doing well" he spoke, making me give the smallest smile

"Thank you" I spoke, seeing him smile.

"Look at that wall" he spoke as I felt the wipe rub the corner of my arm.

I kept my hand relaxed, feeling the wiping stop.

I felt the sharp pierce of the needle, where it stayed constant for a second before pulling away.

I felt him press the bandaid over my arm, making me look to him.

"See, easy enough?" He smiled.

"I can't wait for the day you have to give me an IV" I laughed to him, knowing that would be an almost impossible mission to accomplish without me crying.

"I think I can certainly wait on that day, but let's get you comfy"

He helped lift my legs, covering me up as I laid on my stomach.

I felt him place a cooling rag over the area, feeling his hand rub my shoulder as I felt the pain of the area slowly disappearing,

"Thank you" I spoke to him

"No need to thank me, thank you for being a life saver" he spoke, giving my hand a small squeeze.

"Sleep tight, I'll see you in the morning"

"Have a good night, be safe"