Chapter 13

Amara's POV

The bell just rang signaling that it was the end of the second hour, so the guys and I started packing up and we, more like Iván, Luca and I, started walking out to meet up with Cara and Dena. I say Iván, Luca and I walk out of Economics because Ángel and Juan, literally, run out of the class just so they can get to them first. I love them dearly, but come on guys, they have been my best friends before they were your girlfriends. I asked Iván during free period if Ángel and Juan asked Cara and Dena out to be their girlfriends, and he told me they did yesterday during lunch while I was in detention. I am glad Cara and Dena are going out with Ángel and Juan, but damn, those boys are completely whipped.

Iván and I start making our way in the hallway since Luca left saying he wanted to go take a hit before he has to go to Engineering. I begged him not to smoke but he just waved me off and said it's not a big deal and just left. I just let him be and left with Iván to our lockers, and right when we made it to our lockers, I see Christopher standing with a few of his buddies in front of my locker. Great, now I have to deal with him again today.

I instantly tugged onto Iván's sleeve, silently asking him if we could go somewhere else. He seemed to notice my distressed face because he looked at me confused and concerned before looking around to see what I was freaking out about, until he made eye contact with Christopher. He wasn't the only one to be glaring at Christopher because when I looked at Ángel and Juan, I saw them glaring at him, along with Cara and Dena.

Iván wrapped his arm around my waist and whispered in my ear, "Stay behind me, got it?"

I just nodded my head and kept my head down while I stayed close behind Iván. When we made it to my locker, Christopher took a step closer to Iván and they were staring each other down.

Christopher smirks cockily and said, "So you did downgrade to the school's loser Iván, not surprised because I mean, no one's better than my girl. Yet you wouldn't know since you're over here trying to screw a filthy bitch that can't even speak."

Him and his friends started laughing and I don't know how, but I felt that Iván was pissed at what he said about me. Ángel and Juan then came and stood on either side of Iván, causing him and his buddies to shut up and kind of coward away, but hold there ground at the same time. Everyone in Lockmenrow knows better to not mess with the Bad Boys of the school unless they truly have a death wish.

Iván starts snickering and Christopher looked at him confused, yet terrified at the same time.

Once Iván stops, he looks at him amusingly and asks, "You seriously think that your girl is better than mine?"

I froze. Did Iván just call me his?

Christopher chuckled a deep chuckle and said, "Yes, literally any girl is better than that piece of trash you call yours."

Next thing I know, Christopher is on the ground and Iván is on top of him punching him and it honestly looks like he's not going to stop anytime soon. Christopher's buddies quickly recover from the sudden movement and one of them try to punch Ángel, but easily dodges it and punches him, knees him, grabs him by the collar of his shirt and punches him repeatedly. I look over at Juan and see that he has another one of Christopher's buddies pinned against the lockers and punching him repeatedly as well. I look up and see that the last one of Christopher's buddies is staring at me sickly and starts stalking towards me. I took that as my cue to start running and unknowingly dropping my bag in the middle of the hallway. I was running so fast that I didn't bother looking back because I knew if I did, I might regret it. I stopped at a door that led to the back of the school and quickly pushed it open and closed it right away behind me. I was about to start running again until someone stopped me. I was about to scream until I turned and saw that it was Luca that stopped me and I instantly hugged him, trying to catch my breath. He just held me and started rubbing my back and my hair as I start relaxing and trying to get my breathing under control.