Chapter 4

Amara's POV

What. Was. That?! Did I seriously just get kissed on the cheek by Iván Fuentes?!

I am shocked by the little 'moment' we had before I entered the girl's locker room. I have no idea why he did that but I really need to find out why he's being like this towards me all of a sudden.

When I walked further into the girl's locker room, reality hit me. It occurred to me that I've always hated Gym so much because of one main reason, I had to dress out. Luckily, I don't have to get dressed in front of all these girls because if I do, they will be made fun of how ugly my body is, or other shit. That's not why I hate getting dressed in front of all these girls though, it's because I would be showing them my scars and bruises and I really don't want that.

I quickly go to my locker, put my code in and get my Gym clothes to head straight to the girl's bathroom and go into one of the stalls to get changed. My Gym outfit is a black and grey loose long sleeve shirt with black sleek leggings that aren't see through and fit me a little loose due to the lack of nutrients I have. After that, I put back on my all black Converse, since I don't have any other pairs of shoes to wear. Once I'm all dressed, I get out of the stall to put my clothes into my locker before heading out to the Football field and avoiding any eye contact with anyone.

When I get to the football field I realize all the boys are already out there with our Gym teacher, Mr. Givens, and a few girls as well. Mr. Givens teaches Gym with girls and boys combined each period so we do every activity together. When the last remaining students come out, Mr. Givens starts talking about what we are going to do first.

"Alright listen up! I want everyone to first run two laps around the track and once you are done, I want you to stretch and I will tell you all what we are doing after, okay? Now start running! Come on, move!"

After that, we all started taking off running the two laps that he instructed us to do. It was no problem for the boys because mainly every single boy in this Gym period is on one of the sports teams and so is half of the girls in this class. I am not on any sports team but I am one of the many girls that are coordinated in some way. I would be able to run faster if it weren't for my bruised ribs, so it was a little hard for me, but I pushed through.

After we finished our two laps we stretched on our own as Mr. Givens instructed us to, well, more like me and the boys did. All the girls were too busy gawking at them while they were stretching, I rolled my eyes and continued stretching until Mr. Givens blew his whistle and told us to gather around.

"Alright, so for today's activity, we are going to play Capture the Flag. You'll be split into two teams, you can pick who's on each team and everyone must participate or else I will make whoever is not participating run the rest of the period. You all should remember the rules, no playing dirty, no fighting, no arguing and no PDA or else I will send you to Principal Bennet's office, am I clear?" Everyone said a chorus of 'yes' and he said, "Good, now pick your teams and get started!" He blew the whistle and walked off the field to watch us on the side.

Everyone started getting their teams together and I was about to turn around and start walking to Mr. Givens to ask if I would get full credit if I just ran the track the rest of the period, but something stopped me. More like someone, Iván.

He was right behind me and had his hands on my waist that sent chills up my spine and he bent down and whispered gently and sweetly in my ear, "You're going to be on my team, okay?"

I didn't know what else to say or do, but when I turned my head to the right, I was met with a pool of light brown eyes that for some reason I could not look away from.