31. Snow

I let Maya sleep off her hangover until three in the afternoon but with the party starting in mere hours she couldn't possibly sleep any longer. I brush her hair back from her neck and place soft kisses against her skin while I lie in bed behind her. Her body stirs and a soft hum tumbles past her lips. "The party is starting soon" I whisper, resting my hand on her hip while I continue my gentle assault on her neck.

"My head hurts" she whispers, burying her head in her pillow. "How drunk was I?" she asks worriedly without lifting her head and I laugh, resting my chin on her shoulder.

"You told me to get in bed with you so we could make heirs to my fortune." She groans and I laugh at her reaction to hearing just how gone she was the night before. "I mean, of course I'm all for heirs but you know, you'd need to get off the pill and you know, a marriage would be preferred first-."

She turns around to look at me and reaches up to caress my cheek. "I'm sorry. The girls were just talking about babies and I guess I got a little carried away with ideas of our kids" she admits, her cheeks turning rosy pink. "Did I freak you out?"

"Me? Freaked out by kids?" I laugh at the irony seeing as though I ran a nonprofit organization for children. "I was surprised because you know, we've spoken about preventative measures so we don't end up with little ones running around this place but not much more than that."

"Okay well now that my drunken self has brought it up-."

"Let me make an honest woman of you first and then we'll start trying, okay? I want babies too Maya but I want you to be my wife first. I guess I'm a little old fashioned in that way."

She smiles, leaning in to press her lips against mine. "We'll wait" she says decisively. "But you better hurry up with that ring because I'm not agreeing to wait forever."

"Okay honey" I laugh, kissing her again, this time knocking her onto her back and climbing on top of her as I settle my body between her parted thighs. She kisses me back, giving into my advances for a total of thirty seconds before she pushes back onto my chest and shakes her head at me.

"You woke me up because we have a party to get ready for" she reminds me, biting her bottom lip while her fingers continue to pet through my hair. "The position we're getting into would be extremely counterproductive, love."

"Perhaps but then again it is our party."

She quirks her lips to the side. "Is it though?" she asks. "Because in actuality it's a party for our friends...you know, because they're moving out" she reminds me. Then I remember that of course, my girlfriend has no idea why this party was actually extremely important for her and I. Because the ring that would hopefully be on her pretty little finger by the end of the night was still successfully hidden in Alison's room.

Ali had literally pounced on me when I walked into her room with the ring after I got Maya to sleep last night.

"Where is it?" she asks, bouncing on the balls of her feet while Beth looks up from her phone, mildly interested in what has Alison so excited.

I chuckle, pulling the box out of my coat pocket and she shrieks, pushing the lid open while Beth scrambles off the bed, suddenly extremely interested in what has Alison so excited.

"Is that?" Beth asks, looking up to me in shock while Alison marvels at the ring and I nod, shoving my hands into my pockets.

"If you're asking if it's an engagement ring for Maya...then yes" I reply giddily and then Beth shrieks, stealing the ring from her girlfriend's hands. I laugh as the two girls freak out. It was a much nicer reaction than when I bought the last woman a ring.