16. Gold Digger

By Friday night I'm ready to get out of the office and enjoy my weekend...especially now that I had a certain blonde to spend it with. I lean across my desk and press the intercom button, ringing Maya's desk. "Miss Hunter" I buzz her.

"Yes Mr. Matthews?" she asks professionally. Hearing is communicate around the office you'd never know that we had anything going on behind locked doors. We upheld our professional relationship around the office but as soon as it came time to go home she was all mine.

"May I see you in my office?" I ask and she hums in response before hanging up. Seconds later my door opens and the blonde beauty waltzes inside in a pair of Jean's and a tight white button-up that she's expertly buttoned to reveal a generous portion of her chest. It was casual Friday so I never enforced a dress code on days like today and seeing the outfit on the woman made me question ever enforcing a business look again if she looked that good in a pair of tight jeans.

"Yes?" she asks, closing the door and locking it behind her. She still sounds professional but the smirk on her lips proves that all professionality was dropped the second she closed the door.

"Wanna go out tonight?' I ask as she walks towards my desk and hops onto the edge. She leans back on her hands and shrugs.

"I suppose I could" she replied. "I mean, it depends on what exactly you're offering. Is this a date? A group hang? A double date?" she questions making me chuckle as I rest my hand on her thigh.

"A date. I want to take you out for a night on the town and maybe if I'm lucky you'll let me take you home again" I smirk making a blush rise on her cheeks. It was cute that she still got flustered when I mentioned sex when in fact we've already done it at least a dozen times. I was beginning to learn every little thing that drove the woman crazy and I was having a fun time doing it. She was like a puzzle that I was determined to solve.

"We'll see. I uh have something to do on Saturday so" she trails off, looking away from me. I furrow my eyebrows at her worriedly. In my experience when girls got vague things started going downhill and it was much too early for things to be going that direction.

"Where do you have to go? Perhaps I could go with you" I suggest but she sighs, shaking her head.

"I wish you could but-."

"Maya" I press and she groans, throwing her head back in annoyance.

"It's my family reunion, okay?" she snaps. I furrow my eyebrows at her. She releases a deep breath and brings her gaze back to meet mine. "A couple years back my biological father's oldest daughter Scarlet reached out to me. Apparently she found out about my existence and she wanted to connect. She's a sweet girl and I love her to death but unfortunately connecting with her has led to reconnecting with my father. I was invited to our family reunion this weekend and Scsrlet begged me to come. The last thing I want to do is see my dad but she's my sister" she sighs and I frow, squeezing her thigh.

"I wish I could do something" I reply. Of course I'd love to suggest accompanying her but I know that's insane. We've only been going out for a week. I couldn't impose like-.

"Come with me" she says softly and my eyes widen.

"Y-you want me to come with you?" I ask in disbelief and she chuckles, nodding her head.

"I know it sounds crazy but it would be nice to have someone to anchor me down while I'm there. It's not like I consider them my real family anyway...besides Scar. They're the family that discarded me like I was nothing and it'll be good practice when you maybe, eventually meet my parents. Please babe" she begs and I know I can't say no. The woman is impossible to say no to.