19. An Almost Perfect Monday

Mondays, commonly known as the worst day of the week but as my eyes flutter open and I find Maya lying beside me I can't help but think that perhaps the day has a bad rep. No day could be bad if it started with her lying beside me. I glance at the clock and notice that I woke up fifteen minutes before the alarm but instead of going back to sleep I decide to take a quick shower. 

I'm in the middle of rinsing off when a voice filters into the room. "Why must you set your alarm so damn early?" Maya complains as she leans against the counter. I chuckle, opening the glass door and stepping out, reaching out for a towel while she grabbed her toothbrush from the holder beside the sink. 

"Otherwise I wouldn't have time to wake up" I argue. I wasn't the type to shut off his alarm twelve times before climbing out of bed. I needed time to wake up which usually included a shower, breakfast and talking to Ali. 

"You're insane" she mumbles around the brush in her mouth and I chuckle, kissing her cheek. 

"And you're cute" I compliment before walking back to my bedroom to get dressed. As I'm pulling on my pants she walks back into the room and leans against the doorway. 

"I was thinking" she pauses. "At some point I'm going to have to go home" she says causing my eyes to flicker up to meet hers. As crazy as it seemed, I loved having her under my roof. Waking up to her made every day better and falling asleep beside her had become addictive; I wasn't sure I could sleep if she left. 

"Oh" I reply lamely. I honestly didn't know what else to respond. I knew it would be crazy to ask her to move in with me, we had only been dating for a couple weeks. 

"Yea" she nods, averting her gaze to the carpet. I sigh. I hated that I wasn't good at this. Before I met her I had no desire to be in a relationship so it wasn't like I had experience as to how this was supposed to go, not like she had with her ex that I remember is still in fact living under her roof. 

"Whatever you want to do" I add, turning back towards my closet and grabbing a purple button down from a hanger. My response seems to end the conversation as I hear her footsteps moving across the carpeted floor towards her overnight bag which was stashed under the bed. 

I finish getting dressed and turn to find my girlfriend smoothing out the wrinkles in a form fitting black dress with a red belt tied around her waist. She looked the picture of professional yet all the thoughts in my head were anything but. "Woah" I comment. She quickly turns around, her cheeks blushed. 

"What?" she questions. "It's new. Do you like it?" she asks self-consciously. I nod, moving towards her and pulling her into my arms. 

"You look gorgeous" I compliment. "And I'm sorry for acting so weird about you leaving. I just-I've gotten used to you being here and I absolutely love it" I admit causing her lips to quirk into a smile. "I'm just gonna miss you."

"Josh" she starts, linking her arms around my neck. "I didn't say I was never spending the night ever again, I just think during the week that I should be home. If you hadn't noticed, I don't get any sleep when I'm here."

At first I think she means she's not comfortable here but the smirk forming on her lips makes me realize what she's getting at and I chuckle. "My apologies Miss Hunter."

"No apology needed" she argues. "I quite enjoy not sleeping with you."

I chuckle, leaning down and pecking her lips. "Me too My."

***********************************************************************************************

Work is going fine. Maya and I walk in separately as to not raise suspicions that our relationship is anymore than a professional one and things for the ball seemed to be in place. I honestly couldn't understand why anyone would hate Mondays.