Prologue- The Break up

📚-Annabeth

I clutched the test in my hand, my eyes wide as I thought it over. I'm pregnant, I'm pregnant...

It was both good and bad news. But what would Percy think? He might not even like it at all! A sob escaped my lips at the thought of him leaving me. I wouldn't be able to bear it. There was just one thing I needed to check first- if it was true. Will Solace would be able to help, he did deliver Coach Hedge and Mellie's baby.

I decided to confront will and force him to swear on the river styx not to tell. Then after the camp fire, I'd break the news to Percy.

•••

The campfire started, and I snuggled up to Percy. He wrapped his strong arms around me, and I leaned back on his chest. The Apollo cabin led a sing-a-long and we toasted marshmallows in the fire, which lazily climbed higher and higher.

Percy pulled me close, and I relaxed in his touch. "I love you, Wise Girl." He whispered.

"I love you too, Seaweed Brain."

"I love you more."

"No, I love you infinitely more."

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities."

"Stop quoting The Fault in our Stars!" I told him.

"You made me read it."

"No, you only read it because I was crying over it."

"Ha-ha. But seriously- you're the most beautiful and smartest girl alive, and I'll only love you." By now, everyone around us was chanting under their breath, kiss, kiss, kiss.

So we obliged. We leaned so our foreheads were touching, and then our lips met.

•••

I approached Will after. He was waiting for me, as if he knew what I was going to ask.

"Hey Annabeth." He greeted.

"Hello Will." I said.

"Let me guess- something you need?"

"Not exactly..." I took a deep breath. "I did a test this morning in my cabin, and I'm really scared." Tears started to well up in my eyes.

"Positive?"

"Yeah." I said, and burst into tears. He walked up to me and held me while I cried onto his shoulder.

"Look, I can help you if you want. But have you told Percy yet?" He asked gently.

"N-no." I sobbed.

"Well you'll have to tell him soon. Look, tomorrow morning, you and him come to the infirmary, I can set up a private room for you and I can help you with the baby."

"Okay."

"Come after breakfast. Now, you have some explaining to do." He smiled warmly, and I smiled back.

•••

Percy was waiting for me back at his cabin. "Hey," I greeted. "We need to talk about something." His eyebrows furrowed forward.

"About what?"

I smiled. He'll make a great father. "You'll see."

We went inside the Poseidon cabin, and I sat down on the bed.

"Please don't hate me for this." I said.

"I wouldn't hate you, unless you were cheating on me." He replied, face emotionless.

"I would never cheat on you."

"Then how come you just did?"

"What?" I was confused.

"With Will Solace. You were talking about something."

"Excuse me? I only went to him for help-"

"-because you like him. I see."

"No." I muttered. "I only love you. I promise."

"Well then. I guess we're over, unless you can tell me why you're lying to me."

"I'm not lying." I insisted.

"Yes you are. Now get out of my cabin." He demanded.

I stood up. "You'll regret this someday." I said quietly.

"No I won't."

"You idiot!" I cried, letting tears pour down my face. "I hate you!"

Then I sprinted out of the door, and into the Athena cabin. My siblings stared at me as I collapsed on the bed, and into a dream.