Prologue

Prologue: This Is Only The Beginning

"Dad!" I shrieked, crying as he pinned me to the wall. "Shut up!" He yelled, spitting in my face. I cowared in fear and my father smirked, hurting me more.

My father was punching, kicking, slapping, anything that you can think of. When my father stopped hurting me, I thought he was finished until I realized he only paused to grab something from his pocket. My eyes widened at the realization of it being a knife with an estimated 5 inch blade. "No!" I cried repeatedly, hoping for him to not plunge it into my flesh.

"Why not?" He said, running the tip of the blade over my jawline. I whimpered and shook my head. "Because you're my dad.." I said, barely above a whisper. Dear Old Dad snorted then spit in my face. "Yeah, and your my daughter." He chuckled, plunging the knife into my right tricep. I howled in pain as he ripped the knife out and shoved me to the ground making me land on my new wound, putting pressure on it.

I curled up into a ball as the door to my room was slammed and continued to cry. "I can't..." I whimpered to myself. "I'm sorry mom..." I shook to no end. Sobs erupted through my body and I began gasping for breath, hyperventilating.

After some time I calmed down enough to where I could breathe regularly then I slowly picked myself up. Shaking slightly, I slowly made my way to the small window and looked out to see if Dear Old Dad's car is still in the driveway. No car. Good.

I slowly made my way to the bathroom across the hall and shut the door, locking it behind me. I looked at myself in the cracked mirror, seeing all of the bruises, my bleeding arm, puffy red eyes, a red hand mark on my cheek, ripped clothing, and disgust. I shivered slightly and opened up the doors under the sink to search for the first aid kit. Well, my first aid kit that has my stitching tools, my blades, etc. My father's first aid kit consists of alcohol and drugs.

Sighing, I sat on the toilet and ever so slightly cleaned the wound, slowly stitching it together. It fucking hurts, but I can't let it get infected. Afterwards I slipped a water proof bandage over it then put everything away, slowly making it back to my room to get clothes for a shower.

"Never gonna make it..." I mumbled to myself as I stripped down and stepped into the shower.

After my shower I changed into long sleeves and sweat pants, walking back to my room and grabbing my cheap phone, checking to see if I had a message from Maddie. She was my...best friend...I guess you can call her. When I saw that I had a message from her I grew a tad excited but once I read the message my heart sank.

From: Mads ~ Listen, I know you're 'going through a lot' but honestly I can't really handle being 'friends' with you anymore. You're such a disgrace and I really wish that you would go on with your plan already because it honestly needs to happen. Now, farewell bitch. See you in hell (:

A tear came to my eye as I slowly shut my phone and curled up into a ball and began crying, shaking, and barely breathing.