Chapter 3

"You're not afraid of me." We were so close his cheek brushed my tear-streaked one when he rasped, "And, baby, I'm worse than the dark.

——Danielle Lori

Chapter 3

"I have a few things to tell you," Lucian began to say as I walked back in the living room. I ignored the flip my heart did remembering our insane kiss from seconds ago. He was still standing in the same spot, his arms crossed across his massive chest. He looked unnerved, as though we weren't just pressed against each other moments ago.

The robe I had tightly wrapped over my body was found discarded on my bedroom floor. I also found a hair bubble and pulled my hair up and out of my face before I had exited my bedroom.

"We can sit on the sofa." I told him, starting my way towards one end of it. Clearly, he had come here for a reason and not for some quick make out session. I inwardly scoffed at myself, but outside, I plastered my best nonchalant face.

He shadowed my movements and sat down by the other side of the sofa, leaving plenty of space between the two of us. I crossed my legs but quickly uncrossed it when I realised I was close to flashing.

"I got some news about Adam but you won't like it." He started to say before I cut him off with a violent shake of my head.

"Whenever I hear his name, I have started to get the shakes for some dumb reason. I know. I know," I said quickly before he could say anything. "He shouldn't be able to have that affect on me but I can't help it, he's such a bastard and I can't help but feel so helpless for that girl and then I remembered what he did to me and how he is doing it to her-"

His hand shot out to the back of my head, the other planted on the coffee table. I couldn't make sense of how quick he seemed to have moved to close the distance between us. He lunged forward and crushed his mouth onto mine. My mouth opened on their own accord, welcoming the assault of his tongue as they prodded in. The second kiss of the night, and I swam in the warmth it gave me.

He pulled away, breathing hard and heavy.

"For making you feel like that, that alone is why the bastard is a dead man walking."

I stared at him, dazed and not sure of what to say. He couldn't possibly mean he was going to kill Adam? I could never live with that. The thought of Lucian blooding his hands for me, and for someone as worthless as Adam was not appeasing.

"What did you have to say?" I said after a audible gulp. I had to get it together. If anything, at least for that girl's sake.

Lucian released the back of my neck and sat back down on his side of the sofa. He ran his hands through his long hair and pushed it away from his face. He was devastatingly beautiful and he called me out of this world?

"I'm having trouble getting to Adam in the legal way."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "What do you mean?"

He sighed. "He's got everyone wrapped around his cock for some dumb reason. My guess is his father has got something over them or they're tight knit fuckers who don't allow for their own to go down."

I nodded in agreement. "That's probably it. I'm telling you, his dad is the big guy."

Lucian smiled but it didn't reach his eyes. "But he hasn't come across me before. Already some of them are rolling in their bed now that I got them in my sights."