Chapter 1

a|n : 

An official welcome to the Bounty Series. As you guys can already see, this is Lucian and Lexie's adventure. The next characters in the Bounty Series will more or less appear in other books first before they have their own. It's just how I roll and I love doing it. Keep your eyes peeled for it.

I don't edit as I go. So pointing out mistakes is fine but don't be rude about it. I also will try to have quotes of my favourite books at the start of each chapter to spritz some inspiration up in here.

--

Straightaway, she'd called to the guard, "Oh, boys?" She'd sauntered to the glass in only her black lace bra and panties. "I need some assistance," When they slowed, agog, she'd purred, "Can one of you help me find my orgasm?"

— Kresley Cole

Chapter 1

There was a reason mixing business with pleasure was asking for straight trouble. The crossing of such blurred lines was easy- but downright abhorrent when wanting to seem professional and serious.

I knew this.

But then why was I considering it? Crossing that thin line that we had somehow created between the two of us with the barest interactions.

***

My intentions were apparent the very second I had opened my eyes this beautiful morning. The sun was still hiding behind the clouds; the birds were still sleeping, but I had already woken up, my intentions already crafted so it could no longer be changed.

I clung onto them all day until the opportunity to act on it was dangled in front of me. And as expected, I jumped at my only chance. Which would explain why my heart was suddenly thumping loudly in my ears, my lungs compressing, rendering the oxygen levels to my brain. Which would then explain how my mind went suddenly clear for a few seconds, wiped off everything I had planned to do or say.

It was too late to turn around and gather myself. My hands had already acted out of their own accord and opened the door into the room.

And there he stood, leaning against the window ledge with one hand on the window glass, the other pressing his phone on his ear.

Lucian Frey.

The most incredible, beautiful, and mysterious man I had ever come across in my life. His equally incredible muscles that were burgeoning through his fitted navy shirt complimented his massive frame. His hair, coming past his shoulders into beautiful dark waves with golden strands peaking through whenever it caught the right light, framed his hard face. It gave him that softness he just needed to make him that bit approachable.

His gaze caught mine once I took a step into his office and closed the door behind me. He raked his gaze down the whole of my body, lingering at my bare legs before they shot back up to my face.

I had on a rose ruched off the shoulder dress and complimented it with peep toe lacy heels. I wore my dark hair like usual, leaving it in its natural wavy state and falling down to my lower back.

"Do what you have to do." He muttered into his phone before he hung up, not once breaking his gaze from me. I was mimicking his own actions, finding it increasingly difficult to stop staring at him as I kept seeing him.