32

"Have you heard about the news?" Minji asked, looking at Hayeol. "No wonder why I can't see them here in school anymore."

Hayeol placed both of her hands inside her pockets. "Yeah. I feel sorry." It has been about two weeks since what happened and Hayeol is now trying her best to block stress away. She's still not fully moved on but she believes she had forgiven Doyoung and Myunghee for what they did.

"Hayeol, how can you always feel sorry for them?"

Hayeol shrugged. "Anyways, it's their decision to leave. I'm just sad we didn't have a nice talk before they go."

Minji just released a sigh.

"We should have some coffee after class." Hayeol smiled at Minji.

"You'e an addict."

"Shut up." Hayeol laughed.

She wrapped her arm around Minji's shoulder. On their way to their classroom, they heard laughing from the music room.

They both peeked and saw Haruto and Jeongwoo on stage.

"Yah yah." Hayeol came in, startling them. "Why're you guys here? Have you eaten?"

"Ne, eomma." Jeongwoo nodded. Haruto hit him. "Ow?"

Both girls laughed. They took seats in front.

Haruto and Jeongwoo started singing various songs. They had fun messing around while the girls just watched them.

Haruto then sat at the edge of the stage and just stared at Hayeol. He smiled.

"You're weird."

"I'm just admiring you."

"OH MY GOD, PLEASE STOP!" Minji hurriedly stood up and raised both of her hands, like she's surrendering to the police. Haruto laughed.

"Stop joking around, it isn't a good one."

Haruto raised an eye brow and jumped down. He sat beside Hayeol. "What do you mean?"

"It isn't a good one. It doesn't seem like a joke." She looked at him. "If you would like to tease me, do it the same way you did before." She smiled.

"It isn't even a j-."

Hayeol stood up. "Kids, we might get late~ Let's go." She laughed.

Minji followed her while Jeongwoo waited for Haruto who's walking so slow. "What's with the talk with mom, dad?" He joked.

Haruto just shook his head.

———

"You can go home, now." Hayeol smiled at Haruto. "I'll just go with Minji."

Haruto shook his head. "Ani, I want some coffee too. Do you not want to go with me? I'll go straight home."

"Ani. It's okay." Hayeol wore her bag behind her. "Let's go, then." She lead their way out of the classroom.

They made their way out of the campus, then to their favorite coffee shop near the school. They got their usual orders. It made Hayeol smile and excited. "Gomawo, Haru~ We should have payed for our own coffee."

Haruto smiled. "No problem."

"I'll go home now." Hayeol smiled to both Minji and Haruto.

"Be safe." Minji reminded.

Hayeol nodded and started walking backwards, waving at the both of them. "Byee!"

Minji and Haruto then just waved back at her. They looked at her until she's out of sight. Minji faced him. "Let's talk."

Haruto furrowed his eye brows, confused. "About what?"

"The girl you like. My best friend. Lee Hayeol." Minji's serious side is showing.

Haruto bit his lip. He's already expecting people to know about his feelings since he's already making it obvious for Hayeol. They started walking around, while talking.

"Thanks for doing everything for her. You're cheering her up." Minji smiled. "I never imagined you liking on her. Not even the both of you becoming close friends. Smiling at each other, laughing like kids or being there for each other."

"You two were like a cat and a dog. You hate each other so much and it's making people deaf every time you guys yell at each other."

Haruto laughed. Did I really hate her before?

"Hayeol's a nice girl. She's humble. Her pretty face is just an addition." Haruto looked down on his feet, watching it move alternately as he walked.

"I've known her for like what.. two to three years?" He chuckled. "I just loved teasing on her. Her reaction is always the best."

"She's a really great person. Who'd make your heart be at ease. I know everyone's comfortable around her. She's easy to talk to. She's funny, she's smart too." He continued.

"Tell me if someone's better than her for me, bet you'll find nobody."

Minji laughed. "Since when did you like her?"

"After I broke up with Myunghee, like a typical broken hearted guy, I was so depressed and shit."

"I started receiving notes. I remember seeing them fall down as I opened my locker. Just some small pieces of paper with words like 'cheer up' , 'smile' , 'do better' , 'be happy'." He suddenly laughed. "I knew it was her back then. I think she thought I was having a bad time because of my grades? Either way even if I was bullying her or stuff, she chose to cheer me up, anonymously."

Minji pouted. "I did not know about that. But knowing her, she'll really do that."

"Messing up with her day was like my stress reliever. Ani, seeing her is already my stress reliever until now." Haruto smiled widely.

Minji took a deep breath as she faced Haruto. "Yah."

"I trust you." She gave him a thin smile.

"Thank you." Haruto looked down. "I don't want to rush her but I should at least let her know soon and do the usual. Make her smile and never leave her side. Win her heart has always been my dream but it can wait."

Minji nodded and placed her hand at Haruto's shoulder. "Good luck, then."

———

weewoooO
this is a short chapter,,
but i really hope you enjoyed
reading, though there's not
a lot of happenings here :")

thank u so so so so so
much for 500 votes!!! i reeeally
really appreciate those heehoo~ keep
on voting and commenting
Xx
~angel