Girl Meets Normal

3rd

Her friends crowded around her as she unfolded the note in the caf, neither Lucas nor Farkle could think of what Riley could have wanted to say but good things didn't cross their minds

Her friends crowded around her as she unfolded the note in the caf, neither Lucas nor Farkle could think of what Riley could have wanted to say but good things didn't cross their minds. "Could you be any slower?" Farkle asked as he tapped his fingers on the table.

Cori rolled her eyes at her friend, before sitting the note down, "just for that, I'm going to wait 'til after school to read it," she told him, causing Lucas to groan.

He batted his long blonde lashes at Cori, he knew that he could get her with that, the way she gets him when she smiles, or laughs, or breathes. "Cor, please?" he begged tilting his head a little to the side, "it might help if you read it with your friends."

She didn't want him to know this, but he had her at 'Cor,' she bit her lip, trying to play off the decision; she didn't want him to know how easy it was to break her, "fine." She said dragging out the word, before continuing to unfold the paper, this time a little bit faster. After about 2 seconds it was unfolded, and they were finally reading the words together.

Cori,

After yesterday's meeting without parents, I have realized how I was a follower and didn't use my own brain when I was around Maya and you. This situation has helped me realize that I was a hypocrite for defending Farkle but kicking you when you were down. I know that you said that you didn't want to speak to me anymore and I respect that but I would like to have a chance to get to know you without Maya being in the picture and I also want to prove to you that I am worthy of being your friend. I know it is a lot to ask after everything has happened, but I promise that I really have seen the light and the person that you have been presented with isn't the person that I was raised to be and the person that I am.

If you would like to give me a chance, my parents are having a game night for my little brother and I would like to invite you, Farkle and Lucas (Maya will not be there) and if none of you come, I will understand but if you guys do decide to come, I will be grateful.

"Whoa," Farkle said after he'd finished reading, "are you gonna go?"

"Do you want to?" Lucas asked, but Cori's mind was filled with what-ifs. She folded the note back up, putting it in her pocket unsure of what to believe or what to do, "Cor, what are you thinking?" Lucas asked after a moment of silence.

She shrugged, "I think I'm kind of skeptical, to be honest with you," she told her friends.

The nodded understanding what she was saying, "we can talk to her for you if that would make you fill any better?"

"You can but I don't know what she could tell you that could help me change my mind," she said before gathering her lunch, the appetite that she thought she had disappearing by the second, "I'm going to head to class early, need to finish homework."