Girl Meets Aftermath

Cori

I'd been sitting at the table for a few minutes by myself as I anticipated the last night and whether or not I'd be confronted by Riley and Maya and if I should tell my friends about it when my thought process had been interrupted

I'd been sitting at the table for a few minutes by myself as I anticipated the last night and whether or not I'd be confronted by Riley and Maya and if I should tell my friends about it when my thought process had been interrupted. "Dude, have you heard?" Farkle said running up to me lunch table startling me and Lucas as he took a seat with us, "well, have you? Have you!"

I shook my head as I continued to eat my mediocre food as he beamed before us, waiting for us to ask him what the news is, my heart began to race at the reveal. "Well, are you gonna tell us, buddy?" Lucas said before looking at me and smiling, that bright smile making me smile back.

"Riley has been grounded!" He said as if there were big meaning behind his words, almost immediately my smile was gone and memories of last night came rushing right back in.

"I know."

"What for?" Lucas said at the same time as me, cause all attention to come back time, "did something happen since yesterday, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I told him and Farkle, smiling lightly at the two. "Anyway, how are you Farkle?"

"Cor," Lucas said putting his hand on top of mine, "tell us what happened, please? We can help."

Farkle leaned into the table closer to me, looking at me in the eyes. "Yeah, you can't tell us anything Cori, you are our best friend, after all, you are our best friend." He told me smiling, I know that he meant it.

I smiled back at him, "you guys are my best friend too." I said looking them both in the eyes before breaking down, "fine, I'll tell you too what happened." I took a deep breath before looking around me, "last night before I could ask my mom about Christmas plans, she told me some. Mr. Matthews invited me and my mom to dinner at their place, but I told my mom I couldn't do it and she wanted to know why, so I told her. Everything."

"What happened?" Lucas asked gripping my hand tightly as Farkle wondered the same as I shrugged.

"She told Riley parents, but I don't really know about what. All in all, last night was pretty hectic, to say the least but hopefully, things will get better, ya know? And, please don't stop like, hanging out with them over this situation or me, please." I said looking down at the table as Farkle's voice made me look back up.

"Cori, you are not stopping us from doing anything, I promise."

_

Lunch had long been over, and my chemistry class was just about to begin before it was interrupted by a familiar face. "I'm sorry Miss. Sanders but can I borrow Cori, please?"

"Sure," my teacher said before smiling over at me and motioning for me to follow Mr. Matthews out of the classroom door, my heart racing along with my mind about what was gonna happen.

I awkwardly smiled as I closed the door behind me as I looked around the almost deserted wall, "how are you?" he asked me awkwardly.

"Fine," I mumbled as I ran my hands through my hair, "am in trouble for being absent in class, my mom wanted to take me to school today and we left a lot later then we should have an—"

He shook his head, a smile appearing on his face, "no, you're not in any trouble, I just wanted to be the first to apologize for my daughter and Maya's behavior, I and truly sorry."

"It's fine, sir," I told him before relaxing as if a weight was lifted before another weight replaced it, "please don't apologize, it's fine."

"No, it's not, Cori and I am very sorry that it went on for so long with anyone's knowledge."

I shrugged before formulating my next sentence, "I think that what was/is happening was obvious but when it's your daughter doing it, you just have the instinct to kind of ignore it. I should get back to class," I told him smiling slightly, "see you later, Mr. Matthews."

_

Lucas

I groaned annoyed as I felt another tap on my shoulder, I'd only been in class for about half an hour and the whole time Riley and Maya had been doing everything in their power to get my attention; from tapping me on the back to passing note to me...

I groaned annoyed as I felt another tap on my shoulder, I'd only been in class for about half an hour and the whole time Riley and Maya had been doing everything in their power to get my attention; from tapping me on the back to passing note to me and it was getting on my last nerve. "Stop," I whispered under my breath to Riley as she sat behind me, "please."

"We need to talk to you," she said to me before pausing, "I need to talk to you. You should hear our side of the story." She told me as-if Cori had done something to them.

I took a deep breath to control my feelings before I answered her, "fine after class." I told her getting her off my back, she did a silent cheer like she'd one something, but they have another thing coming.

It'd been 40 minutes, and class was finally over, I'd been tapping my feet with anticipation of the conversation I was about to have with Riley and Maya. I packed my book-bag before stepping outside where the two girls were waiting for me. "Alright, what's you 'side'?" I asked them as they looked between each other for an answer, "exactly," I said rolling my eyes at the pair, "you guys don't have a side, at least not a legitimate one because Cori as never done anything to you. I mean, she doesn't even talk people at the school unless it's Farkle or me, so the only side to be had is Cori's. You guys really bullied after you've stopped people from doing the same to others and the biggest disappointment in this whole this is that Cori still doesn't hate you, but they might be a lot more than I can say for myself."

"Oh, shut it cowboy and be our friend again," Maya said like that was gonna be a big turning point for us.

"That's not gonna work anymore, Maya." I said angrily, "you don't just get to ignore your actions and move on like they didn't happen, you guys need to evaluate yourselves and your friendship because what y'all have going on right now ain't working. You can't just always have each other back up your actions."

_

Hey guys! This is a new good chapter of fun stuff and I hope you like it. While you wait for the next the chapter to be uploaded check out my other books, there is literally something for everybody here.

VOTE

FOLLOW

COMMENT