Taejin looked up from the tv. "Yes sir" He nodded. "Me want chocolate cookies with milk and sour candy."

"Ok, Oreos with a glass of milk and ima see if Mia got some Sour Patch Kids but no promises." I slowly followed behind him downstairs and into the kitchen where Troi and his mom where.

Mama Karen had it spelling so good in the house and I definitely was sticking around for dinner. "What you cooking Mama?" Tae stood over her shoulder, towering over her. "It smell good"

She stirred around several pots. "Nothing special, My Love. I had some leftover Turkey Necks from a few days ago so I went ahead and made some Greens and threw them in there. A little Macaroni and Cheese, Fried Chicken, Fried Pork Chops, Chicken Tenders for the kids, Yams, Cabbage, Pinto Beans with Ground Beef and Sausage, Seasoned Rice, a couple pans of Cornbread, and two homemade Strawberry Cakes with homemade Icing."

I know Tae's mouth had to be watering because mine sure was. He kissed her check. "Ouuu I love being home." She chuckled, hitting his arm as she hugged him.

"I hope you still love being home when I tell you that I invited Nicole over for Dinner."

He smacked his lips, mumbling something under his breath. "Where my daughter at?" He went off looking for her.

"She's watching her show in my room; peacefully, so don't you go messing with her!" She shouted behind him.

I sighed sitting at the kitchen table. "Those two I tell you." She shook her head looking over at me. "I've never seen Soulmates bicker and argue so damn much in all my life." She made me laugh. "I really don't get it Chile."

"Nobody does but them." I told her what I had realized a long time ago. "They'll be back together in no time."

"They aren't broken up, Baby." She checked on her cornbread that was in the oven. "Words just hurt, that's all. It may take some time but I know my son and he not letting Nicole go just because his feelings hurt."

I agreed "Sure hope so"

"Why you invite her anyway?" Tae questioned her with an attitude. He held Troi in his arms.

"Didn't I tell you not to mess with that baby?"

"I said why did you invite Nicole?" She slapped the hell out his arm with a wooden spoon. "Ow Mama! What you do that for?"

"You talking to me like you stupid, that's why!" She stirred her beans. "Boy I'll knock you out and you won't wake up until it's time for Church on Sunday."

I laughed loudly. Tae smirked looking down at her. "You ain't gotta do all that Killa."

"Don't push me then boy!" She warned him. "Korea you want a Pork Chop before everybody else get here?" She had cooked way more Chicken then she did Chops.

"Oouuuu, yes!" She put it on a napkin before handing it to me. "You got some hot sauce?"

"Yeah I just bought some, look in the Pantry."

Tae smacked his lips "Why you ain't offer me one?" He asked offended.

"Because I know you gone fix your plate first."

"You right, but why did you invite her?" He asked for the third time going to the refrigerator. He got out a jug of milk. "She don't need to be over here."

"Regardless of y'alls terms, Nicole will always be my Daughter-in-law so she'll always be invited to any and everything I have."

"I'm not with her so she's not shit to you besides the Mother or your Grandchildren." He told her as he looked through the dishwasher, getting out one or Taejin's sippy cups. "That's all she ever gone be."