Dot's voice was weak, "There's another way to destroy the sword."

-

"There you go." Magnus poured something in Dot's mouth as she laid, looking a lot better, "You'll start feeling better in no time."

Dot barely nods, "Thank you."

"Dot." I cross my arms, "What do you know?"

"I heard Valentine briefing his men." Dot's voice was shaky, "If Jace touches the sword, his grip would destroy it."

Jace looked at her, then me, "Me?"

"Why should we believe a word she says?" Luke questions, skeptical, "It's probably just another trap."

"Luke," Dot inhales, then looked at me, "Zee, you know me."

"You have lied to me before." I reasoned, cautious about what she was saying.

"Because of the injections." Dot shot back, "But now that he has the warlock girl, he's cast me aside- I'm myself again."

Luke scoffs, "Good story, but I've heard better."

"Wait, in the vision from Ithuriel, the demon that destroyed the sword had a clawed hand." Jace crosses his arms also.

"Exactly." I nodded, "It has nothing to do with you."

"Perhaps I can lend some insight." Magnus spoke up, "Show me this vision."

Jace and I face him, Magnus placing his hands on the side of our faces, as he used his magic to recall the memory, looking at him for himself.

When he was done, he let go, his eyes wide with thought, "The star in the sky."

"Angels are higher beings." Magnus looked at us, "They communicate through metaphors."

I slowly nod, "And that was a metaphor of?"

"Morgenstern means Morning Star, as in," Magnus went in depth, "How are thou fallen from heaven, O, Lucifer, son of the morning."

Magnus' eyes land on Jace, "The vision seems to be speaking of a Demonic Morgenstern."

"Me." Jace exhales deeply, "That's why Valentine wanted me under his control- I can derail his plan. I can destroy the Soul-Sword."

Magnus sighs, "And destroy yourself in the process."

"No- no way, okay? We'll find another way." I stutter, "It's a suicide mission."

Jace remarks, his eyes connecting with mine, "Oh, says the girl who was willing to die for the Downworld, what, yesterday?"

"She's right, Jace." Luke shook his head, "It's too dangerous."

"I'm not gonna touch the sword." Jace told us, "I'll just get to it before it's activated, and bring the
Mortal Instrument back to the Clave, where it belongs."

Jace looks through the disapproving look on my face, "Trust me."

My voice was low as I stared at him, "Promise me you won't touch the sword."

Jace stared at me for a moment, "I promise."

-

I slowly walked onto the balcony by Magnus, after Jace and Luke left, as he was quiet, staring into the night.

I came to his side, crossing my arms and leaning against the cement, looking at him.

"I'm not used to feeling so-" Magnus opened up when he felt my presence, "Powerless."