He sits opposite me and unloads the tray. He passes me a warm, wrapped up thing I assume is the burger. He also gives me a pouch of fries.

"There you are. I'm just going to get a drink. You can start on the fries but wait till I'm back to try the burger. I want to be there when you take your first bite of heaven." He must see my baffled expression and adds, "It's an expression for good food." Before going to the big machine that spits dew and fake beer.

I pick up a chip and pop it into my mouth. The coating is battery, but delicious and the potato inside is soft, although it doesn't taste like the real vegetable. Over all it's salty and good. I eat a few more before before Dean comes back and I swallow the mouthful of fast food.

"They are really good." I eat another.

"Glad you like 'em. Now for the burger."

We unwrap ours at the same time and he takes a bite before I can even pick mine up. There are two beef patties inside, along with a lot of cheese, a tomato, lettuce, bacon and a slice of onion.  The top of the bun keeps sliding off when I try to grab it, but eventually I succeed.

I somehow fit my mouth over all of this and take a bite.

My eyes widen as I stare at Dean. Wow. I chew the hamburger, tasting everything as it all rolls into one flavour. Each has a unique taste yet they get along wonderfully.  The lettuce is crisp and fresh, the onions offering a tang. The warmed smoky bacon is crunchy and the abundance of half melted cheese laying across the tomato is amazing. The meat is flavoured with some kind of spices and the tomato neutralizes them just enough not to be actually spicy. And of course the smooth sauces on the toasted bun pulls everything together perfectly. 

"This is absolutely delicious!" I exclaim. "I understand why you eat them so much now."

I take another giant bite, enjoying the taste of this new food. In my next bite I found a pickle tucked away inside. What a nice surprise! I scarf down the rest of my fries, leaving my hamburger for last. 

"I'm glad you like it. Sammy ne- Some people I know would rather eat leaves."

"Well I would rather have this. No questions asked."

"Good on ya. I'm also going to take you for pie after this." He says after a sip of his drink.

"They have pie here." I point out.

"Yeah, but it's crap."

----------------------

Dean P.O.V

Seriously. What these guys serve is not pie. It's some kind of not pie... disusting... mushy... pie?

I don't even know. I watch as Cas finishes his burger, liking the tips of his fingers to get the rest of the sauce. A man after my own heart. I crumple up my garbage and toss it onto the tray in the middle of our table and finish off the rest of my drink.

I gulp down the sprite and make that slurping sound that always happens when you get to the bottom. I play it up a little, earning a glare from a mother whose child starts doing the same thing. Cas shakes his head before adding his garbage to mine. 

"So I can safely say you enjoyed your first burger?" I ask when we leave the shop.

"Yes. It was amazing! Can we have them again tomorrow?"

"Of course we can." 

When we get back to our motel room after getting pie it's dark out side. We ordered four slices of pie between us. I got Pecan (my favorite) and apple. Can't beat the classics. Cas ordered blueberry and cherry, but he didn't like the cherry so he traded for my slice of apple. He enjoyed them just as much as the burger.