Never Surer

Mal's POV:

I looked around and couldn't find Y/N. I walked to Ashlyn. "Where's Y/N?"

"She said she needed to go and left. I don't know where." 

"What did you say to her Ash?"

"Nothing!" Ali walked over. "I didn't do anything."

"Sometimes your not doing anything is still doing something." Ali looked at me. "How can I help?"

Your POV:

"And then I just left."

"That's smart."

"We've already established that I have 0 brain cells, Ollie."

"Yeah but to leave like that? Come on. Now what?"

"What do you mean now what?"

"I mean what's your next move?"

"I don't have one."

"Yes, you do. I know you better than anyone who isn't Mal. You called me because you can't call her. You don't want to tell any of her teammates because they'll talk to her. You called me because you want my help with your next move which is what?" I didn't answer him. "You're definitely thinking about what Ashlyn said."

"Well yeah how could I not?"

"So what are you gonna do? You gonna do it?"

"I don't know! I'm 22! Mal just turned 21. It hasn't even been two years yet."

"But?"

"But I leave again in a week. And once I get deployed who knows?"

"Y/N do you love her?"

"More than anything."

"Do you see yourself with her for the rest of your life?"

"I mean I don't like to look too far ahead but I'd like to be with her for the rest of my life. Hopefully."

"I think you gotta do it."

"What? Why?"

"Because I felt the same way about Jamie but never got to ask! By the time I was ready to ask it was too late. Jamie left and I got deployed. I regret it every day."

"I don't have a ring?"

"Give me a day. I told you. You called me for my help. I'm here to help." 

Mal's POV:

I woke up the next morning and Y/N was walking into the room. "Where'd you go?"

"Did I wake you?"

"No. Where'd you go?"

"Ollie flew in a few hours ago and needed me to help him. So that's where I've been."

"Everything ok?"

"Right now yeah but it could change any day so. But I'll let you know don't worry. Focus on the World Cup." 

"Ok?" I stared at her. "What were you and Ash talking about last night?"

"I honestly don't even remember." She smiled. "Must not have mattered that much." She looked down at her phone. "Ollie wants to get coffee."

"Ok go." 

"He wants to see you too Mal." 

"Oh! Ok. Let me get ready."

"Ok. Take your time." She walked over and kissed the top of my head. "I love you."

"I know. I love you too." 

Your POV:

I walked out of the room and down to meet Oliver. "Cousin." He smirked.

"Thank you." I laughed when he handed me the box. 

"One last time. You sure this is what you want?"

"I've never been surer of anything in my life."