More Than Blood

Your POV:

"Wake up." I shook Mal. "Come on. It's Christmas." 

She rolled over. "For a child who was abandoned by her family, you sure love this family oriented holiday."

"Family is more than blood." I smiled. "And I can smell food so COME ON!" 

Mal's POV:

"How are you the older one in this relationship." 

"MAL I MADE PANCAKES!!"

"PANCAKES!" I jumped out of bed and ran downstairs.

I sat next to Y/N at the table. "How'd you sleep?" My dad asked.

"Great." I smiled. 

"And you?" He asked Y/N.

"Best sleep I've had in weeks." She smiled. "That mattress is so comfortable, I might have to get something like that for my house." 

"I'll help you out with that." He said.

"Thank you." 

We sat and ate. 

"I can't remember the last time I actually ate breakfast that was actually made."

"Your parents never cooked breakfast?" My mom asked.

"My mom always left early to go to the office, and my dad left right when I went downstairs." She looked down. "First Christmas with a real family since I was about 8." She laughed. "Thank you for welcoming me. Even after everything that happened between Mal and me."

"Everything was a misunderstanding." My dad smiled. "You're always welcome here. Everyone deserves to have a family."

"And it's in the past. Like you said." I smiled.

"Exactly." She nodded. "And now we look forward."

We went back upstairs to get dressed. After she was dressed, she helped me pick out clothes. "Mal. It's Christmas, we gonna be eating, just wear whatever."

"What that your plan when you went to get dressed?" She nodded. "And you walk out of the room looking like a full course meal?" She nodded again. 

"I mean you're my girlfriend. I could put a bag over my head and I'd still look like a full course meal to you."

"You got that right." 

"You get dressed, you'll look beautiful in whatever you wear. I'm gonna go outside." She kissed my cheek and left.

Your POV:

I stood outside and looked at the sky. 

Then my phone rang. "Mom?"

"This isn't a call to say Merry Christmas. I was gonna but then- Y/N something's happened."

"What."

"It's your father. He's been in an accident."