The Party

Your POV:

"Open your eyes." I heard Mal say. I opened my eyes. 

"Holy shit."

"Surprise!" Everyone yelled.

"You got me a fucking bouncy house?" 

"And a big cake." Mal smiled. "You like it?"

"Like it? This is the best." I hugged her. "Thank you."

"You deserve it." 

"Ok, you two! Break it up. You're 21, there is a dope ass bouncy house right over there and we're not in it!" Kelley hugged me. "Let's go!"

"I'll be right there Kel." I laughed. She ran off and jumped into the bouncy house.

"Don't hurt yoursel- oh son of a bitch." Sonnett sighed. 

"Happy birthday."

I turned around. "Thank- fuck. Who invited you?"

"Mal invited the twins, I heard them talking about it so I called Kelley. She'll do anything if you offer coffee." Hilary explained. "Don't worry. I'm here as a friend." She handed me a bag. 

"You got me a gift?"

"Again. Here as a friend. That's from me, Hannah and Kessel. I'd say Amanda but that could mean Pelkey so."

"Um well, thanks, guys." I waved to Hannah and Kessel. "Didn't have to get me anything."

"Well, it'd be weird to come empty handed." 

I opened the gift and pulled up a USA hockey jersey. "Wow. A jersey."

"You watch soccer when Mal plays. I figured maybe you and Mal can come to one of our games." Hilary said.

"If you did you'd need a jersey." Kessel smiled.

"Very well thought out. Thanks, guys." I hugged the three of them. 

"Quick question." Hannah asked. "Is that a bouncy house?"

"Yes."

"Awesome. Bye." She slowly walked towards it.

More people started showing up. Teammates of Mal, some friends, and her family. 

"Happy birthday to my sister in law!" Brianna ran over. "Check out my baby sister throwing a great party." She hugged both of us. "Y/N! This is my husband, Jace." 

"Nice to meet you." I shook his hand. 

"Y/N!" I saw more of Hilary's teammates. 

"How many of them did you invite?" I looked at Mal. 

"Only the ones you're friends with."

"I'm friends with them?" I looked at the hockey players walking toward me. "I'm not friends with them I only talked to them cause Hilary wouldn't leave me the fu- hey! Kacey how are you!" 

Mal's POV:

I watched Y/N have fun at her party. "Mal?" I turned at saw her mom. 

"You made it."

"Yeah. I'm a little late though."

"It's fine. You came." 

"Where's Y/N?"

"Bouncy house." 

Her mom nodded. "You really gave her the party of her dreams." 

"She didn't tell me what she wanted, but I asked some friends." I looked towards Jessie.

"I haven't seen her this happy since she was little. Her father and I, we really broke her."

"From what she told me, it was him more than you."

"I didn't do anything to stop it. I should've but I didn't. I wasn't there for her." 

"Honestly if you tried to stop it I don't think it would've stopped anything. He was too set in his ways. All you can do now is go say hi to your daughter." I smiled.

"You two are perfect for each other."