Reasons

Mal's POV:

I sat on my couch. 

There was a knock on the door. I got up to answer it.

"Nice place." Y/N smirked.

"Thanks. I didn't think you'd actually show up."

"I'm not one to pass up a place to crash." She said.

"Well, come in." I opened the door wider. "Make yourself at home." She walked inside. 

We sat on the couch.  "I really appreciate this, Mal." She said. "You have been very set on being friends," I laughed. "And I'm happy we are."

"I am too." I smiled. "Actually I was thinking we coul-"

There was banging on my door.

"Sorry." I got up. I opened the door. "What the hell?" I sighed.

"Is she here?" Kelley asked.

"Yes. Why are you guys here?"

"Tall Sam flew to Chicago after her game Saturday and we all flew from Chicago after our games last night." Kelley smiled. "Where is she." 

"The couch."

"Oh. The couch." Sam Kerr winked. 

"Don't do that." Kelley hit her. "Ok. Here is the plan, you are both here as protection for me BUT if it comes to it. Sam Kerr, you are here to fight, Sam Mewis you are here you shield if she gets REALLY serious. Understand?" The both nodded. 

"Wait how are we gonna know which Sam you need?" Mewis asked.

"You will be Tall and you, my Aussie friend will be Tough. Got it?"

"Got it." Kerr nodded.

"Take us to her." We all walked inside.

"Y/N. These are my teammates Kelley O'Hara and Sam Mewis. And that's Kelley's teammate Sam Kerr."

"Hi." She smiled. "Nice to meet you guys." She stood up. "Did you guys have plans? I can leave."

"No!" Kelley yelled. "No. Sit down, we were just in the area thought we'd check in on our little Mal here. Who we are VERY protective of." 

She smiled. "It's nice she has people like that in her life." 

Kelley sat down. "Tell us Y/N. Why Mal?"

"Why Mal what?" She looked at me.

"Why do you want to be friends with her? If I remember correctly, Mal said you don't want or have friends. Why Mal?"

"She kept pushing." Y/N said. "No matter what, she kept pushing and I liked that. Everyone else was like ok, and just left but not Mal." She looked at me. "I'm happy she didn't give up. My life changed for the better." 

"How so?" Mewis asked.

"I'm not alone anymore." She said. "I had a roommate at UCLA, but when she goes home I have no one. Mal texted me, called me, no she's letting me crash here till I can figure something out." 

"Why not go home?" Kerr asked. 

"My parents kicked me out after graduation." 

"Why?" Kelley asked.

"I told them I was gay. They didn't like it, tried to scare me into changing. They're big people in our city, having a gay daughter added press they didn't want, so it was either get a boyfriend or get out. I didn't want to live a lie anymore so I left."

"I'm sorry." Kelley said. "Damn now I feel bad. I came here to scare you because Mal's like a little sister to be but you're just a kid who's had everyone leave because of who she is."

"That's the reason you didn't want friends." Mewis crossed her arms. "You thought that once they found out you were gay, they would do the same thing your parents did." Y/N nodded. 

"And that's why you're friends with Mal."

"When she found out, she didn't do anything. It didn't phase her at all, she just kept the conversation going. It didn't matter to her." Y/N smiled. "And with her I'm not her gay friend, I'm just her friend. My roommate calls me her gay roommate." She shook her head. "It's annoying." 

"Alex calls me the same thing." Kelley smiled. We all looked at her. "I mean gay? What is this gay you all speak of?"