Anything

"Dad look!"

"That's nice."

"You didn't look."

"I'm busy. I'll look later."

"You're always busy!"

"Y/N!"

"Y/N!" 

"I'm here."

"I asked if you're gonna come see him."

"I don't know."

"Well, I just thought you should know." 

"Is it bad?"

"If you wanted to see him, now would be the time." She hung up.

I sat on the front step and covered my face. 

"Y/N?"

I turned to Mal.

"Hey." I wiped my eyes. "You look amazing."

"Thank you. What's wrong?"

"It's nothing." I got up. 

"Y/N. Talk to me."

"It's my dad." I sighed. "He was in an accident."

"Y/N." She grabbed my hand.

"He probably won't make it. My mom said if I want to see him, now is the time." I looked down. 

"You have to go." 

"I can't." I looked at her. "I don't want to. He was nothing to me, he's nothing." 

"Then why are you crying?"

Mal's POV:

"I know he was a terrible father, but maybe seeing him is the closure you need."

I nodded. "I can't do this alone."

"You won't have to." 

We went inside. "Mom. Can I talk to you." Y/N went upstairs and I sat with my parents. "Y/N's mom called. Her dad was in an accident and it doesn't look good. She said if Y/N wants to see him, now is the time."

"What is she gonna do?"

"I told her that this might be a way to get some closure. No one's pushing her though, if she wants to, we'll go."

"We'll go too." My dad said. 

"She's a good kid. She needs more than her girlfriend right now. She needs parents. Loving parents."

I nodded. "Good to know." 

Your POV:

I sat in the guest room. 

"Mom? Dad? I have to tell you guys something." 

"Can it wait?" My dad sighed.

"What is it Y/N?" My mom asked.

"This isn't easy for me to say, and I hope you guys will understand. You keep trying to push all these guys on me, and I don't want that."

"Good. Focus on your studies. College is important." My dad said still looking at his phone.

"That's not what I mean dad. Yes, I want to focus on my studies, but I don't want these guys because when I think of dating someone, falling in love all that? I don't think of guys."

My dad looked up. "You're not saying what I think you're saying." He got up. 

"I'm gay." I looked at him.

"No." He walked to me. "Not in my house. Not in MY family."

My mom stood up. "Relax a bit."

"No. My daughter is not this. Whatever this is."

"You ok?" Mal walked into the room.

"Just thinking."  

"About what?"

"When I came out. He was so angry, I was actually scared of him for once in my life. When I moved out I thought I was done with them. But now this."

She sat next to me. "No one's forcing you to go." She rubbed my back. 

"Part of me feels like I should. For closure like you said. He's still my dad at the end of the day right? Wouldn't be in the world if it wasn't for him and my mom. If I wasn't born I never would've met you." I looked at her. 

Mal's POV:

As the holidays wrapped up, we packed up to go with Y/N to see her dad. 

As we sat on the plan I held my girlfriend's hand. "You'll be fine."

"I know." She said. "I have you and your family by my side. I can face anything."