Chapter Twenty

"Please just leave us alone," I heard Nate growl to Harrison as I walked up behind them. 

"Excuse me, but you're at my house on my property and I don't appreciate you talking that way to me. And I'm not discussing this with you right now," Harrison growled back. 

"Hey babe and Harrison," I said. The only person I wanted to say hello to was Nate but Harrison was there and I was trying to be cordial. 

"Well I'm going to go," Harrison said walking away. 

"What was that all about?" I asked playfully trying to lighten the mood.

"The conversation was about you Reagan. I"m sure you already knew that. I mean why would me and you ex-husband be talking anyways." 

"Okay good point. Continue."

"Look Reagan, I love you. But I don't want to really start something with you knowing he's always going to be on my back about it. I know you just finalized the divorce and all of that but I can't live this way anymore. I need a girl who doesn't have all this extra baggage from her past life with her. I want to start fresh with somebody and I can't do that with you."

"So you're breaking up with me right now?" I asked. "Don't tell me you're doing this. Don't tell me you dragged me along for a couple of months to break up with me right now. Around a bunch of people at a baby shower."

"I'm guessing that's my que to leave," He said trying to walk past me. 

"You know what Nate?" I said grabbing his arm. "I will not be disrespected like this. I don't care if this isn't my fucking house anymore but you're going to leave. And don't come back either. I don't want to talk to you, or hear from you ever again. Call me dramatic but I will not be a woman scorned," I said walking past him and Harrison who was a couple of feet away.

"Let's leave Reagan," Afia said putting her arms around me. 

***

"This was my home. I was coming back to start over and I ended up going farther back than where I started. Maybe I learned my lesson the first time. Los Angeles just isn't the place for me. I don't belong here. Maybe I can call my Realtor and see about looking for some studios in New York or maybe I'll go live in London or something." 

"You can't just leave when something's gone bad. You did it once with Harrison. Don't do it again. Don't make that mistake. Your family is here, and even though I'm leaving in a few weeks doesn't mean this isn't where you belong."

"How is this place for me Afia? I have no friends here, my boyfriend just broke up with me, my ex-husband who I am so desperately and helplessly in love with no matter how hard I try to stay away from and forget about is about to become a father to my enemies child. I don't belong here. I'm staying for your wedding Afia but after that I'm leaving."

"No matter how much I disagree with you wanting to move, you're a grown ass woman who can make decisions for herself."

"Thank you for respecting my decision but I think I'm m going to go to my room and  eat, sleep and watch loads of crazy reality TV." 

"Okay, see you whenever you decide to come out," She said giving me a small smile. 

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter and any grammatical errors!