Chapter Seven

When my flight landed I was welcomed by an intense wave of heat from the sun. As soon as I stepped out of the airport I was on my way to my parent's house for a brief visit. When I walked through the door they were talking with another couple.

"Excuse me," I said walking towards them breaking their conversation.

"Reagan," my mother said engulfing me in a hug.

"We haven't seen you since that one time Amelia and Harrison were here." She said her voice getting lower and lower.

"Have you heard the news?" The man said. I gave him an interesting look.

"You act like you don't recognize Amelia's parents." 

"Oh I'm sorry, Mr. And Mrs. Halgan, and what news may that be?"

"Amelia's pregnant!" She said crying out with joy. I didn't want to be selfish but I felt like not only my parents but Amelia's parents were being completely unsympathetic. They knew that Harrison was my husband yet they're not bothered by the idea of Harrison getting his girlfriend pregnant when he was technically still married to another woman. But who was i to talk. I had moved on too.

"I've heard. And I'm sure you've heard that Harrison and me are getting a divorce."

"We have," Mrs. Halgan said. "But darling, it's for the better trust me. It's better for you and for Amelia and Harrison's baby. The boy or girl will grow up as a family, with their parents married and living together." She added. I couldn't believe this woman had the nerve to say that. How dare she?

"I'm sorry," I said pretending like I didn't understand. Amelia's mother opened her mouth to speak but my mom interrupted to prevent some sort of fight breaking out and causing more drama than there already was. My mom then flashed a "we'll talk about this later look" in my direction. And she was right, we would be talking about this later and about the fact that instead of supporting me, her daughter she was going on saying that she supported the idea of Harrison leaving me for Amelia. If only this baby knew what type of world he or she was being brought into and the crazy people he would most likely be raised around.

***
After I left my parent's house I ventured on to my home in the Hollywood Hills. At the moment there was nothing in it, as I accidentally had my furniture be delivered a few days behind. But I did have a couple of blankets and pillows and I set them up on the floor to make a temporary bed for the next few days. As soon as my head hit the pillow and my eyes started to close my phone rang. I jumped up, and checked who was calling. The one and only Harrison. Did we have to discuss any of this now? But slowly my hand made it's way to the screen and I picked up the phone.

"Hi this is Reagan. How can I help you?"

"Why are you talking like that?"

"I only want to be the most professional with my ex-husband."

"Reagan, I've told you how I felt. And even if I didn't you should already know. Look, I had to do what I had to do. I have a baby on the way and it's my duty as a father to be there for him or her."

"I understand, please contact me when you receive all the details so we can move forward with the divorce proceedings." I said hanging up. I felt bad for being overly sarcastic to him when all he was doing was the right thing.

***

A couple of days later I was unpacking my stuff when I heard a knock on the door. I couldn't help but hope it was Harrison but when I answered the door I was not let down one bit.

"Reagan!" She screamed, hugging me. I've missed her so much.

"How was New Zealand? Why are you back?" I asked overwhelmed.