"Would you reconsider signing this if I apply some changes which will be more convenient for you, your current employer, and your family?" Taehyung asks. He's not ready to give up because he needs things to work in accordance with his wishes. That includes peoples' decisions. "I'm happy to provide financial assistance as well so that you won't lose 50% of your income, and I can reschedule the commencement date so that you're able to give your current employer a two weeks' notice."

It's so tempting but Seokjin can't accept it no matter the amount of changes. "I'm really sorry but nothing will change my mind, sir," he says.

Now, Taehyung is getting quite annoyed. "Please explain why," he says.

At the end of the day, it really comes down to Seokjin's peace of mind. Cooking and housekeeping for five hours every weekday is most definitely not equivalent to thousands of dollars of school fees plus financial assistance. Seokjin can't take more than he gives without the guilt endlessly crawling through his veins. Taking that into account, Mr Kim surely has hidden intentions and Seokjin will not fall for it. Why would a person give so much for so little in return? Unless there's more to gain later on, but it's not guaranteed? Whatever it is, Mr Kim clearly hasn't stated all of the benefits that he will and may receive from this. There's no way it's merely because he's 'overloaded with school management work'.

"It's not worth it," Seokjin says, not knowing what else to say.

Taehyung is... shocked. "I'm sorry?" he says, brows furrowed. "It's not worth it?"

"You're offering too much for 25 hours a week," Seokjin says. "Plus, I'll still work at the restaurant on weeknights and weekends so that's 25 hours there and 25 hours for you. That's 50 hours a week in total. That's 12 hours overtime."

"How many hours a week do you work at the restaurant?" Taehyung asks.

"I don't think you have the right to know, sir," Seokjin says. He works 40 hours a week at the restaurant so that's 2 hours overtime but Mr Kim isn't entitled to know.

Taehyung inhales deeply, his patience running thin. "You get time-and-a-half pay if you work overtime," he says. Reasoning with this Seokjin is only getting more and more difficult. "Instead of providing financial assistance, I'll just pay the rent, water, electricity, and gas bills for you. How does that sound?"

"No thank you, but thank you for your time. I have to go now but I hope you have a great day," Seokjin says. He stands up, bows with respect, and walks towards the door.

Taehyung's eye is twitching because this Seokjin is not just strange but he's also really difficult. Seokjin is like a challenge that Taehyung constantly fails. Seokjin is like a game that Taehyung doesn't know how to win.

Wait... That's it! All Taehyung has to do is treat this like a game. Games have rounds or levels and they get harder as you go higher. Round 1 was approaching Seokjin (which was already hard because Seokjin was crying), Round 2 is persuading Seokjin to sign the contract, Round 3 is Seokjin actually showing up to work, Round 4 is Seokjin completing all the required tasks during his shifts, and Round 5 is the final which is Seokjin falling in love with Kriti and asking for her hand in marriage. This is perfect!

But how will Taehyung win Round 2?

By cheating, of course!

Seokjin would do anything for his family, right? Taehyung will just have to resort to manipulation. It's cruel but it gets the job done, just like how cheating [almost] always works.