Chapter 11 - The Rabbit

An hour or so after they got to work, Y/n looked down at her math work and she let out an audible groan. "I wish I could go back and stop whoever invented or discovered math. Because it is so evil." Adrien looked over at her and sighed, "If mathematics was never discovered, then our entire society would not be the way it is now. "

She looked at him and sighed, "How dare you be so correct." He chuckled as he shut his notebook. "Why don't we go to the vending machine, grab some snacks and drinks?" Adrien proposed. She nodded, "Yeah. That sounds great actually. I am starving." He stood up from his chair and pulled her chair out for her like a gentleman.

She blushed a bit as she looked at him, "Thank you, Adrien. You truly are a gentleman." She thought that she saw a blush on his face when she complimented him. She smiled at him. She adjusted the brooch on her sweater and then gently patted Fluff on the head inside of her skirt pocket. She could just sense that Fluff was smiling with pride. She was actually talking and getting closer with a guy.

Fluff remembered when Y/n had told her all about her life. How her dad treated her, how she was always afraid to get close to people, and how she had always been alone except for her mother. She snuggled into the pocket of Y/n's skirt pocket and listened to the banter between Adrien and her miraculous holder.

"So when do you think that the teacher will put who is who for Alice In Wonderland?" Adrien asked as he waited for the granola bar to fall down to the bottom. Y/n didn't answer the question given when saw the granola bar fall to the bottom. "Did you just buy a granola bar? A bran flavored one, nonetheless.." The blond boy looked down at his snack and then looked at the h/c girl. "It's just a granola bar." He said looking between the girl and the granola bar in his hand.

"You need to have class when it comes to eating snacks. As a child who likes to just hide in her room and watch tv shows and youtube. I know my way with snacks." She looked at the vending machine to observe all of the goodies that were inside. She found a snack and slipped a couple of coins into the machine.

She held it up to him and saw that it was a granola bar. But it was a more desirable choice in flavor this time. "Now this is a granola bar. Not that thing that you had just grabbed." She opened the package and broke the snack in half then held it out for Adrien.

She expected him to grab him to just simply grab it out of her hand, but he had a smirk on his face and then took the snack out of her hand. She laughed at him and then he began to laugh as well once he had consumed the granola bar.

"I can't believe that the Adrien Agreste has just acted like a child." She said with a smile. He shrugged, "There is a lot that you don't know about me." She bought a drink from the other vending machine and then leaned against it, "Oh is there. Behind the whole beloved young model is a moody child?"

He rolled his eyes, "Like I said. There is a lot to me that you don't know about. But we should probably get back to work." Y/n then rolled her eyes before looking back at him, "I don't think that I could possibly deal with anymore. Let's pack up and go do something unexpected." He shrugged his shoulders as he began to think about it. But when he looked at her, she was holding his bag that was packed with all of his stuff.

She smirked as she saw the surprised look on Adrien's face. "I guess that we are going out into the city." She smiled as he began to lead her out of the library. Marc noticed the two of them leaving. He had a soft smile on his face as he leaned over the counter. He had a good feeling about those two.

Y/n looked at the city when the two of them had gotten outside. Adrien looked around and then began to walk in a direction. She quickly caught up and began to walk along beside him. "So where are we going? Because I still don't know my way around here."

She was surprised when he saw him shrug his shoulders. "I don't know, I am going with the flow. We're going to explore the city and do something unexpected." She smiled widely as she looked at him. She was looking around at everything as they continued to wander. She was about to run into another person but Adrien grabbed her hand and then pulled her closer to him.

She looked up at him and deep into their eyes. The two of them didn't even realize the position that they were in. Adrien had his hands sitting on her waist as Y/n's hands were laying on his chest. The two of them just stared at each other until someone rammed into Adrien, causing him to stumble and have their faces collide together.

Y/n felt his lips on hers, she enjoyed it for just a minute until she realized that she was kissing Adrien. She pulled away and looked at his face. He looked at her and she looked at him. Her face flushed into a deep shade of red. She secured her bag onto her back and then bolted for the nearest train station.

She didn't care if Adrien was going to follow her or not. She ran down the stairs and paid for her ticket, letting the employee working there to keep the change. She saw that the train doors were just about to close. Like the rabbit that she personified, she hopped onto the train.

Looking out of the window, she saw Adrien had just gotten past paying for his ticket. She sighed as she saw the look of disappointment and sadness on his face. She texted her mom to see if her father was working or not. Her mother responded with a simple no and then told her when her father was going to be home. She sighed in relief as she slid her phone in her pocket.

She checked the train route to find the quickest way for her to get home. She double-checked what station that she had to get off at and then she sat down on an empty seat. She closed her eyes for a moment until she felt a tap on her shoulder. She looked to see Marinette sitting beside her.

She jumped as she saw her friend and then her face flushed again. Knowing that Marinette had like him first. She just slammed the back of her head against the hard plastic of her seat. Marinette looked terrified as Y/n began to repeatedly do so. Marinette put her hand behind Y/n's head to cushion her head from the blows.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Marinette asked as her face expressed genuine concern. Y/n shook her head as she let out a sigh, "Do you want to come over and talk about it? I don't think my mom would mind. My dad shouldn't be home for a while. " Marinette softly smiled as she nodded her head.

The two of them didn't say much else for the rest of the train ride until they made it to Y/n's stop. She stood up and motioned for Marinette to follow her. Marinette followed her out and they rose again onto the streets of Paris.

They walked through the front door of the L/n household. Marinette greeted Mrs. L/n warmly. The two of them then went upstairs to Y/n's room. Marinette sat down on the bed and Y/n shut the door behind her and looked at Marinette.

"So, I may or may not have kissed Adrien. On the lips." Y/n spoke softly and then Marinette stood up. "What?!" She exclaimed.