Chapter 54: Unwanted Guest

ابدأ من البداية

"Oh . . . You're right. My bad. So where are we going?"

No one responded to that.

Soon the dorm began emptying up as everyone went to grab their car keys or find themselves a ride. Mina stumbled around the room asking for what that was all about but was always blessed with the annoying "You'll see."

And soon enough, she found herself being dragged by Tzuyu and Wendy to Nayeon's car. There, to her relief, Momo blurted out the surprise, hardly trying to keep herself anymore. The others groaned in annoyance as she exposed Jin and Jimin's plan.

Wendy piped in. "We were supposed to blindfold you," she said. "So please try to act surprised when we arrive there. You wouldn't want Momo's dead body sprawled across your living room, I'm sure. That Jimin dude's gonna be mad."

"Yeah," Nayeon laughed and lifted a hand from the steering wheel to flick back her hair. "He made sure to let everyone know that it better be a surprise for his penguin, or else they wouldn't live to see the next day."

Smiling, Mina pulled out her phone and typed out a text. Hitting the sent button, she smiled again and leaned her head against the window, preparing a shocked act to put on show.

____________________

The place was beautiful. A private rooftop cocktail lounge, prepared specially for tonight. It was Wendy's dad's. Turned out Jimin had to personally meet with him to organize things for Mina.

Honestly, no decoration was needed at all, seeing that this place was already so well built and designed beautifully. The room, lit softly in the warm yellow light of the embers glowing in the fireplace, welcomed the group in its warm embrace. A chocolate fountain stood in one corner of lounge with baskets of strawberries and marshmellows placed next to it. There was a huge sitting area right in front if the bar. Yellow lights shining from above provided an even more comfortable surrounding for the people to enjoy. Mina made a mental note to ask Jimin how he'd gotten the money for all this as she took it in. It was too luxurious for any of them to afford even if they combined their money together, unless Wendy's dad's had offered a discount.

And later, she'll find out that they all had been saving money for months, and yes, Wendy's dad did offer a discount. But still, she'll be moved to tears.

The staff stood by the entrance, bowing as they passed by. The friends bowed back in respect, ignoring the awkwardness between them.

They began settling down on the plush brown chairs and proceeded with ordering drinks and snacks. The staff made sure that the underaged ones didn't trick them into getting alcohol. Soon, more started showing up, wrapped present cradled in their arms. Everytime she earned a kiss on her cheeks or a hug, Mina would always make sure Jimin was watching and smirk at him. He furrowed his eyebrows at her as he would carry the huge load of her presents back to his car. But on his way, he himself made sure that they just said hi from at least three feet away. No more hugs or kisses. And that was a strict order from the one and only boyfriend.

But hey! Who ever listened to him?

Irene arrived with Baekhyun, while Jackson, Mark, Jinyoung, Jaebum and Youngjae came together packed in Mark's car. Muscles stiff, they began lounging on the chair's immediately. And to Mina's surprise, each had brought at least two presents for her. She hugged them extra tight, especially Jackson when he told her about the music album he'd gotten her, making Jimin grabbed her arm and give her a good whispered scolding in the corner. She giggled and kissed him to shut his mouth. "Oh, jelly jelly~" she sang as she left him behind smirking at her.

More of their friends spilled through the door: Chanyeol, Kai, Suho, Eunha, Umji, Sowon, Yerin, Eunbi, Yuju, Mathew, Jiwoo, Somin, another Kim Taehyung, and many more. Seeing them gathered like this in one place had Mina realize how fortunate she was to have this many friends to look after. She grinned as she looked around the room and seeing them having fun. They all looked so happy to be with each other and maybe even after a long time too. But the one she'd been waiting still hadn't made an appearence yet. What if she never came?

And that worry was erased as soon as Jisoo came kicking the door, making the room go quiet for a while at the sudden booming noise. They all broke in giggles as she showered Piplup plushes over Mina's head along with other Pokémon products; Pikachu hoodies, Squirtle socks and hats to name a few. But then, another person walked in and this time, the voices died down for real.

Everyone burned holes in Rosé's back as she made her way to give Mina a hug and her present. Her moves were stiffer in nervousness and she ran behind Jisoo as soon as she was done. Everyone gave her cold looks as she passed by, her face clearly saying that she should've refused Mina's sudden invitation a few hours ago. A few people had pulled Mina aside to ask what was Rosé doing here. She took the opportunity to say "you'll see" as for her tiny revenge and just told them to be nicer to the poor girl.

She just to wait for the right chance to clear up the misunderstandings and make friendly places for Rosé in their hearts.