Ch 32 Faded Pictures

HEY LOVEZ!

I'M NOT GONNA DO A RECAP. YOU'VE WAITED LONG ENOUGH. LE'S GO.

IN PARIS...

Indistinct chatter fills the air of the open space after the dance crew's skillful and entertaining routine. As the crowd begins to dissipate, an eager hand reaches out and touches the dewy arm of the crew's captain.

"Pardon? Bonjour? Uh... Tu connais..uh, Les Twins?" The lean man says, fumbling over the limited amount of french in his language repertoire.

(Excuse me? Hello. Do you know, Les Twins)

The dancer raises his darkened shirt to wipe the sweat from his amused face. "Ouai. Je connais Les Twins. Pourquoi?"

(Yes, I know Les Twins. Why?)

All day he's run into dance crews all across Paris looking for the elusive twins. Some dancers heard of them, but didn't know them personally. Some knew them, but also knew who he worked for. Needless to say it was uneventful and mildly frustrating as they tried to promote themselves.

A grateful sigh deflates the man's tired lungs. Thankful that not only did the sparse french he picked up talking to eager dancers help him understand and communicate, but that the dancer also knows them.

"Ah..." He wracks his brain trying to come up with a comprehendible sentence.

"Je veux rencontrer? Recontrer?" He makes an apologetic face. "Sorry, my french is poor at best."

(I want to meet? To find?)

The dancers sweat slicked chest bounces under the sticky shirt. "S'okii. I understand. Um...they are in Japan for competition. They come back at the week end. They dance sometime with

Coach in COSEC."

The dancer chuckles embarrassingly. "I am sorry, my English is non so good."

The man smiles understandingly. "No worries I understand, and thank you. Uh...merci."

The dancer nods. "De rien."

They part ways. One headed to regroup with his crew to prepare for the next performance, and the other to report back to his employer with the semi-good news.

"Two days," he mumbles.

IN JAPAN...

"Je n'ai aucune idée de ce qu'ils disent", Larry says scratching his head. (I have no idea what they're saying.)

"C'est les demi-finales, juste de la danse, donc on arrive en finale. Applaudissez et applaudissez quand tout le monde le fait, je suppose. Nous devons rafraîchir notre japonais avant de revenir pour une autre compétition." Laurent suggests, adjusting the bandana around his neck.

(It's the semifinals, just dance, so we make it to the finals. Cheer and clap when everyone else does, I guess. We have to brush up on our Japanese before we come back for another competition.)

"Que voulez-vous dire, notre? Nous devons avoir le japonais pour pouvoir nous rafraîchir", Larry mumbles much to Laurent's amusement.

(What do you mean, our? We have to have Japanese in order for us to brush up on it.)

Laurent snickers. "C'est une bonne chose que la danse soit un langage universel."

(It's a good thing that dance is a universal language.)

"Eh bien, parlons notre langue pour que personne n'oublie." (Well then, let's speak our language so no one forgets.)

A look of mild disappointment crosses Laurent's face. "Vraiment? De quel film avez-vous obtenu cela? Quand votre thème musical va-t-il commencer?"