Ch 16 Hard Goodbye

HEY LOVEZ!

THANK YOU FOR RETURNING AND NOT GOING ON STRIKE AFTER THE END OF THE LAST CHAPTER. ON WITH THE STORY.

WHERE WE LEFT OFF...

Both Papi and Papito close their eyes, lifting their heads. The sound of a flatline filling the space. "He no boy Destyni. Now, he a murderer."

The boy whimpers. Fat tears rolling down his face as he begs and pleads. Chanting apologies to deaf ears as Papito and Papi laugh maniacally. He looks to her for help, but her eyes are shut in grief for the both little boy and the teenage one in front of her.

She tries to move her hands, but it's like an invisible force is holding it there. She frantically shakes her head side to side as the knife's weight increases a hundredfold. She tries her best to hold it up or move it, but she's stuck. "No!"

But neither of the tormenters are listening. "Jus' let it drop Destyni. I's non you fau' of i's fall. I's too heavy." Papi says with a wicked grin.

She shakes her head. "No!" The closer it gets to him, the harder she fights.

Back in the palace her broken spirit convulses. The wall of ice keeping her body from decomposing cracks. They back away from her in fear, all except Larry who refuses to leave her side even as Laurent and Eleni try to pull him away.

"No!" He shouts.

Back in H*ll, the tip of the blade makes contact with the boy's stomach. Splitting his skin like butter. His sharp yell jolts her. "NO!" She yanks back with all her might, her mind made up...

In the palace, the ice around her body shatters. Raining down on them like a fierce hail storm. Within seconds her body and broken spirit reconnect in Larry's arms. He smiles tearfully.

Everyone sighs in relief, headed toward them once the last of the hail has hit the palace floor.
Laurent stumbles, his knees slamming into the palace floor as he holds his chest. Kaijin sees and laughs hysterically thinking he fell on ice. Eleni observes Larry's slightly stiff posture with a tilted frown as she approaches him from behind.

Zale appears back in the room, confused. "I left for less than a minute. What the h*ll happened?!" His looks at Larry and sees Destyni's whole form in Larry's arms and joy fills his heart. He moves closer and pales. It isn't until he is within a few feet of him that he notices the knife in Larry's chest and the murderous look in Destyni's eyes.

"Larry..." Laurent whimpers in pain.

Destyni hears him, pulls the knife out of Larry's chest and is instantly in front of Laurent's crumbled form. "Bebe..." He stares at her fearfully as she raises the knife once more, unable to move.

NOW

Her hand comes down, determination set in her features. Kaijin dives toward him while Zale catches Larry before his head hits the ground. Eleni arrives at his side right after to put pressure on the bleeding wound.

Just before the blade makes contact, Kaijin's slick form slides into place as he pushes Laurent out of danger at the last second.

"KAI!" Zale's agonized scream fills the space as the blade parts the skin on his back, cutting through muscle and bypassing bone to pierce his heart.

"NO!" Grampz yells. Appearing just as Kaijin leaves his body in a brilliant display of electric blue.

Her head snaps in his direction. In less than a second, the blade is out of Kaijin's back and flying in Grampz' direction. He dodges it and dives for her, wrapping her in his embrace just before she reaches Laurent's unconscious body.