Ch 31 Things Change

HEY LOVEZ!WHERE WE LEFT OFF...

"Depends on what you want. What do you want Destyni?" he asks gesturing between the two of them.

Her mind wanders to one of the many fantasies she's had of him while pleasuring herself. Dez! Focus!

"I'm not sure I know what this..." she mimics his gesture. "...is."

He nods in agreement. "Tell you what. We close in an hour. Meet me back here at 8pm and we can talk about what this is."

Her head tilts in thought. "Okay."

"Okay."

They finally release one another's hands and part ways. "See you then." Dez says before walking off. Doing her best not to trip or stumble as he watches her.

The walk home is a reflective one. On one hand she's mortified at the whole situation. At the same time, she's oddly grateful. She hasn't been with anyone since...

Dante... Leave it to Alvin to pimp me out to the man I've been fantasizing about. I love him so much, I want to strangle him.

MEANWHILE...

The long hallway of people, equipment and props in it blur into a vast open space filled with tired, sweaty bodies. Immediately all movement stops.

"We found them."

NOW...

"Where?"

"Paris...France." The winded man responds, catching his breath.

"Book the flight."

IN PARIS...

Cobwebbed, crown-moulded high ceilings and massive water stained radius windows encase the library-like local bank. Suspended dust particles drift gently in the heat of pale sun rays.

His observant peace, barely disturbed by the stuttered tap of his brother's shifting feet against the marble tiled floors, until nervous energy invades his mental space.

Laurent nudges Larry to get his attention. "Qu'est-ce qui ne va pas?"

(What's wrong with you?)

"Les gens nous regardent." (People are staring at us.)

"Nous sommes au moins un demi-pied plus grand que tout le monde ici. Je serais surpris s'ils ne regardaient pas." 

(We are at least half a foot taller than everyone here. I'd be surprised if they weren't staring.)

"Sois sérieux." (Be serious.)

"Je suis. Chercher par vous-même." (I am. Look for yourself.)

Larry sucks his teeth. "Ce n'est pas ce que je veux dire. Je ne veux pas être arrêté." (That's not what I mean. I don't want to get arrested.)

Laurent's eyes roll so hard it takes a second for his vision to readjust when he opens his eyes.

"Larry, nous ne cambriolons pas l'endroit, nous faisons un dépôt. Des gens sont arrêtés pour avoir volé de l'argent, pas pour l'avoir apporté. La dernière fois que j'ai vérifié, les voleurs ne mettent pas leur nom sur la liste et attendent d'être appelés."

(Larry, we aren't robbing the place, we're making a deposit. People get arrested for stealing money, not bringing it. Last I checked, robbers don't put their name on the list and wait to be called.)

His unease evident in his constant repositioning. "Je le sais, mais tout le monde ne le sait pas. Et que penseraient-ils d'autre avec nous portant deux gros sacs polochons."