Ch 13: Hide and Seek

HEY LOVEZ!

SUPER SHORT CHAPTER AHEAD.

WHERE WE LEFT OFF...

"Where are they now?" Kaijin asks, wanting to know where his deceased daughter is.

"H*ll. That's where all of Zara's puppets go." She sighs. "If I was to somehow die...I would too. We've done terrible things." She hugs herself. "Especially me." She whispers.

She swallows. "Manipulated or not, I willingly sent my own child there. And made it so the only ones that could find her were her chosens, but h*ll is endless. They could be down there for eternity trying to find her."

NOW

OUTSIDE POV

Both Larry and Laurent feel their bond pull at the same time and head to where they feel it strongest. They come to a valley of pits, stretching as far as the eye can see.

"Sh*t... How we fine' her now Lau?" Larry whines.

"The bond lead us here, use if to locate her." He says beginning to hover over a patch of pits.

Larry follows his lead heading choosing a different direction. They continue this for hours, until they both hear noise up ahead of them. They make their way over and pale at what they see.

It's like an outdoor theatre for demons. And the main character not he screen is their chosen. They watch in horror as Destyni plunges her clawed hand into Papito's chest and pulls out his beating heart. No trace of remorse or emotion on her bloodied face. The demons cheer.

Laurent hovers, frozen in place until Larry shakes him. "Lau! We have to fine her. Da's non real Lau."

Laurent nods, still shaken. They frantically search the nearby pits for the source of the image.

DEZ POV

"Sh*t..." I mutter. Last thing I remember is ripping Papito's heart out right after I beheaded Papi.

Where in h*ll am I this time?

I sit up and extend my senses. I sense I'm in a bedroom closet. But where? Am I still in Jroganii?

"Wha' the f*ck?!" I hear Papi yells.

I open my eyes and see a bright light leaking through a crack in the door. Papi is standing in front of a large TV with a controller in his hands yelling at it. Papito strolls in, looks at the screen, then at Papi. When Papi gets upset again, Papito cracks up laughing.

"Wha'happen?"

"Dis thing cheatin' is wha'happen?!" He says pointin' accusingly at the screen with the controller.

I shake my head. Even their demonic duplicates are suckers for video games.

Papito smiles and takes his controller. I can't see what he's doing, but from the look on Papi's face I'd say Papito just did what Papi couldn't do.

"I's non da' hard." He shrugs and hands him back the controller.

He stares at Papito open mouthed.

"Come, Papito wan' play somethin' differen' an we have to fine us breeder."

Papi stands there gapin' still. "Bu..."

"Come Prince!" He shouts havin' already left the room.

He throws the controller on the bed like an angry child and stomps after him.

Grown *ss man child.

I stay in the closet. Not sure if Papito really couldn't find me, or if he was saying that knowing I was in the closet, but baiting me to leave it.