08. 𝗱𝗿𝗮𝗺𝗮 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗲𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝗲𝗹𝗱

𝕰very girl of Auradon was even chipper this morning than usual, and Audrey wasn't satisfied when she strutted into the courtyard.

Even if everyone was ecstatic with their new looks, the power of dark magic lingered in the air, and by the looks of it, Audrey had a feeling she knew who was behind it all. To say least, the daughter of Aurora was not happy when she discovered the other schoolgirls with gorgeous hair-- even Jane walked into school with long, curly hair, unlike her short and rather dull hair.

Lonnie's short bob was a soft brown with small waves stretching just past her shoulder; it was like Lonnie was a completely different person.

"Can you believe this?" scoffed Audrey. Rilynn hummed in response, but she wasn't worried about the schoolgirl's hair; her mind was elsewhere, searching for a certain tall boy. Audrey's eyes practically narrowed at each girl as they walked by, cheerfully blabbering about their new hairdos. "Who does this girl think she is? Just because she's got magical powers, she thinks she can just use it whenever."

"It's just their hair, Audrey," assured Rilynn. She didn't understand the big deal about the girls' new hairstyles, but as far as she knows, Audrey isn't a fan of Mal; anything the daughter of Maleficent does, Audrey strongly disagrees with.

Maybe that wasn't a good response now that Rilynn thought about it, but it was too late to take back her words. Rilynn often forgets Audrey isn't like most of her friends-- open-minded and accepting of change. The golden-haired princess adores Audrey dearly, but that girl is very close-minded and doesn't like being overshadowed most of the time. Okay, all the time. Audrey is sweet, yeah, but the girl will turn around and stab you in the back if you dare to test her. Rilynn's not saying Audrey is a bad person, but the princess doesn't view Auradon as a place for change.

"Just their hair? That's exactly how it starts; first, it's their hair, then their eyes, then their lips!" Audrey huffed, deeply aggravated that Rilynn didn't see the problem here. Sometimes, Audrey wants to look Rilynn in the eyes and tell her how deluded she is; Audrey knows better, but the golden-haired princess is too gullible to acknowledge how wrong this is. "Soon, that girl is using her magic on everyone, and then I'm nothing."

Rilynn should've seen this coming from a mile away, but she was genuinely curious about Audrey's argument; however, the princess is further disappointed to hear her friend's main concern was herself. It's nothing new to hear Audrey babble on about herself, wanting to be the center of attention like the princess she is. Nevertheless, Rilynn always allowed Audrey to ramble about her accomplishments within her royal family or the spa treatments her three fairy friends gave her. Rilynn said it's a safe place whenever she's around, but sometimes, she thinks Audrey gets too comfortable speaking about herself.

"She's making it worse for herself by using magic in Auradon, which isn't allowed," Audrey rolls her eyes as she narrows her gaze out into the sea of students who speak so highly of Mal. "They'll never fit in here. They don't even dress the part. I saw Jay stealing from Aziz yesterday, and Carlos was weird. And that Evie girl, ugh! She's been flirting with all the guys in Auradon; if you ask me, she's a bit of a gold digger. Don't even get me started with Mal."

Rilynn followed beside Audrey like a trained dog, meant to be friends with the popular girl who happens to be her best friend's girlfriend. It's not easy making conversations with Audrey. But she looked taken aback by Audrey's observations of the villain kids, and though she was right, Rilynn didn't think they were that bad. Sure, they have their differences, but they're learning to live a life that isn't the Isle.

The golden-haired princess sighed quietly as if to prevent Audrey from hearing it; Audrey doesn't take too well of people disagreeing with her, but Rilynn considers the villain kids her friends, and she's fiercely protective of everyone she cares about.