Chapter 8

HEY EVEYRONE! I just wanted to say that I'm very thankful for all the support and the lovely comments~ it really made my day! I'm currently during my finals week and it's just been super stressful. But I should be done in a week so I might be adding more extra chapters! I'll keep tabs with ya~ ENJOY THIS CHAPTER <3 

It was finally Saturday. Yibo tried not to think too much for today. All he wanted to have fun with Xiao Zhan. After waiting for a while, Xiao Zhan came out. He was wearing a blue sweater, looking really cute and handsome at the same time.

"Zhan ge, here!" Yibo happily handed his helmet to Xiao Zhan and hopped onto the motorcycle. "Wang Yibo, drive slowly, okay?" Xiao Zhan warned before getting on the bike. "You can just grab me tighter then." Yibo then grabbed Xiao Zhan hands and wrapped it around his waist. 

Xiao Zhan didn't make any noise but inside, he felt his heart skipped a beat. He didn't know why his body acted so weird whenever Wang Yibo was around. He'd always let his guard down. The boy he was hugging was special, he just didn't know why yet.

They arrived in front of the Shanghai International Circuit. "Zhan ge, isn't the track so cool? I wish I could participate in an official competition one day." Yibo's eyes were sparkling as he looked at the racing track. 

"I'm sure you will. Then I'd come see you." Xiao Zhan felt the instant heat rushing into the sides of his cheeks as soon as he realized what he just said. "Really? You'd come see me?" Yibo jumped and wrapped his hands around Xiao Zhan's arms.

"Wang Yibo, don't be cheeky." Xiao Zhan teasingly pushed Yibo who just smiled back at him. "You can sit wherever you want." Yibo pointed at the empty benches. After Xiao Zhan had taken a seat, Yibo went to his bike and started riding.

After the demonstration, Xiao Zhan couldn't help but compliment Yibo nonstop saying he really should be a professional racer, and so on. "Zhan ge, I'm very happy you enjoyed it." Yibo exclaimed as he wiped his sweat and drank some gatorade. "I don't understand much but you looked really cool. Girls would go crazy over you." Xiao Zhan added.

"Zhan ge... I like someone." Yibo murmured softly but Xiao Zhan caught it. It was such a sudden thing to say but Xiao Zhan tried his best to act normal. "You like someone? Well, that's great. Who is that person? Are you one-sided?" 

Those questions had answers but Yibo just couldn't say it to him. Yibo only remained silent. "I mean... you don't necessarily have to tell me. You started that topic." Xiao Zhan pouted with a bit of pissed expression.

Yibo let out a sigh.

Xiao Zhan on the other hand had mixed feelings too. Whomever Yibo had a crush on, it is merely his business. Why should he care? But why does it bother him that Yibo isn't telling who 'that' person is? He silently did wish it was him.

Then he knew. He wasn't that dumb. He wasn't going to be that weak lead actor that takes 10 episodes to finally know the other lead has feelings for him/her. The more he thought about it, the redder his cheeks got. He knew he was in trouble. So he turned away even more to hide his face.

Wang Yibo immediately found that odd. "Zhan ge?" he slightly turned Xiao Zhan's body only to find the boy in front of him was as red as a tomato. Even his ears were drenched in bright red. 

"Zhan ge... can you look at me?" Yibo requested. Xiao Zhan slowly turned his head and found Yibo's face was right behind him. Their faces were only a few inches away. The rhythm of the two boys' heartbeat raced in harmony. 

Suddenly, the sudden ringtone of Xiao Zhan's phone disrupted them like in every other romance movies. Yibo just looked away awkwardly. It was Zhuo Cheng.

"ZHAN GE! I'm discharged today and you didn't even come see me. How could you!" Zhuo Cheng complained as soon as Xiao Zhan picked up. Zhuo Cheng was yelling too loud, even Yibo could hear what he said.

"It's today? Are you alone? Do you need me to come? Is Uncle Wang there? How about Lu Jie (Xuan Lu) and Yu Chen? I'm pretty sure Lu Jie told me she'll come." Xiao Zhan worriedly said back. Yibo wasn't happy seeing Xiao Zhan that concerned over Wang Zhuo Cheng. He was jealous and angry at the same time. How can fate make him fall in love with someone who is close to that Wang Zhuo Cheng?! 

"Looks like you still care about me! Hmph! Luckily, Yu Chen came and help me with the process. Lu Jie had to stay at the lab, said there were some issues." Zhuo Cheng explained. "Okay... I will come over to your house right now. Do you want me to buy some lotus soup on the way?" Xiao Zhan worriedly asked. "Imm, see you Zhan ge."

"Yibo... I'm so sorry. A junior I know is getting discharged today. I need to go see him. See you at school!" Xiao Zhan said as he grabbed his bag next to him. But he was then stopped by a pair of hands pulling his bag back. 

"You left like that the other day too... to see him. Can you stay with me today?" It was a bold move for Yibo to make. He was uncertain. He barely has a chance to be with Xiao Zhan alone and now he wants to leave and go meet that person? The person Yibo hates the most? Out of everyday, does it has to be today?

Xiao Zhan just looked at Yibo and tried to pull his bag but Yibo was holding on it too hard. "No, I want you to stay. Please stay, Zhan ge." Yibo pleaded. Xiao Zhan obviously couldn't resist. He finally let the bag in his hand and sat down.

The two boys stared at each other for quite a while and also killed some skin cell at the same time from the burning heat outside. Before they realized, their bodies were getting closer and closer. So was their nervous faces.

The unknown force were trying to attract the two lips like a magnet. Soon, it pressed on one another. It felt like seeing fireworks going off and bursting beautifully on the sky. Yibo's hands traveled behind and wrapped Xiao Zhan closer to him. Xiao Zhan's hands were pressed on Yibo's chests. Soon, their tongue would find each other as they danced.

The two desperate lips eventually parted and gasped for air. Their eyes met and a thousand words were spoken. After a few more seconds, Xiao Zhan finally broke the eye contact. He moved his body swiftly and pressed his lips on Yibo's forehead.

"I need to go kiddo, but I'll text you," he said and grabbed his bag. Yibo was so flustered, he couldn't even hold onto the bag anymore. Xiao Zhan acted nonchalantly and head towards the gate but his heart was beating a thousand times faster than it should. 

When he got out of the gate, he almost run his head into the wall. What did he just do? He doesn't know. The only thing he knew was he is shy and embarrassed.

Yibo on the other hand felt like he won a freaking lottery. He was surely the happiest guy in the world. He was affirmative. Only after a few seconds, his nerves were finally able to function. He jumped and yelled, "YES! YES! HE JUST KISSED MY FOREHEAD!"

The amount of happiness he felt almost made him throw his helmet into the air but he realized it quickly and put it back down. He couldn't believe what just happened. "ZHAN GE! DIDI AI NI!" he yelled although he knew Xiao Zhan was gone.

---