Chapter 6

Xiao Zhan and Zhuo Cheng were studying together as usual. Although Xiao Zhan usually is focused, today he couldn't help himself but kept on staring at his phone screen as if he was waiting for something.

Finally, a notification sound chimed. He immediately picked up his phone. It was a message from Yibo and he quickly replied;

Wang Yibo: Today 6 PM Qu Yang Cinema

Xiao Zhan: what is that for...?

Wang Yibo: Weekly payment, you don't want it?

"Zhan ge, let's grab hot pot tonight? I'm craving hot pot so bad... you're free tonight, right?" Zhuo Cheng suddenly asked. Xiao Zhan almost dropped his phone. "Uh... I have an appointment... sorry." Xiao Zhan shrugged. Zhuo Cheng wasn't satisfied. "With who? Do I know him? You don't go out like this often!"

"It's just one of my students. I'll have hot pot with you later, I promise." Xiao Zhan assured. Still, Zhuo Cheng wasn't satisfied. "Your students? From your new class? I'm pretty sure I know most of the students in your class. What's his name?"

"It's Wang-" before he could continue, someone came into their room. It was Uncle Wang. "Xiao Zhan, I made dinner. Would you like to join?" He asked.

"Sorry Uncle Wang, only if you had told me earlier. Actually I have an appointment with one of my students. I'll definitely join you next time." Xiao Zhan smiled.

"That's unfortunate. Well, Zhuo Cheng, you are welcome to join me if you'd like." Uncle Wang said. Xiao Zhan knew Zhuo Cheng would reject so he gave Zhuo Cheng a quick glare. "Fine." Zhuo Cheng unwillingly agreed. Xiao Zhan just smiled.

---

The bus finally stopped in front of Quyang Cinema as Xiao Zhan stepped out. He looked around and found Yibo standing next to his motorbike. He was wearing a black jacket on top of a black t-shirt.

Xiao Zhan didn't know why he even came here in the first place. He wondered what Yibo was trying to do too. Yibo could've just transferred through online. Why would he want to meet in person?

"Wang Yibo..." Xiao Zhan spoke. As soon as he heard it, Yibo turned his head and welcomed Xiao Zhan with a bright smile. "Let's go! The movie starts in 10 minutes." Yibo exclaimed.

"What are you trying to do, Wang Yibo!" Xiao Zhan freaked out. "Trying to pay you back...?" Yibo smirked. Xiao Zhan was confused.

Yibo was no longer patient. He then grabbed Xiao Zhan's hands and rushed into the theater. "Wang Yibo!" Xiao Zhan shouted but Yibo refused to listen.

They finally got into the theater and Xiao Zhan was no longer allowed to make loud noises. So he leaned in and whispered, "What the hell are you trying to do?"

"Repaying you... as simple as that." Yibo shrugged. "Repay me? Then where's the money?" Xiao Zhan asked.

"I bought the tickets with that money. You paid for my medical fees. But I never asked you to. You lent me money but didn't let me use it as I wanted. So I'm paying you back but I won't let you use it on your own either." Yibo explained.

"What kind of nonsense is this!" Xiao Zhan complained. "Senior Xiao, the movie is starting. Don't you know you're disturbing other people?" Yibo placed his index finger, indicating Xiao Zhan to quiet down.

The movie was quite boring for Xiao Zhan. It was a documentary of a young boy's journey of becoming a professional road racer. Yibo was energetic during the whole movie, explaining stuff to Xiao Zhan.