Chapter 7

Wang Yibo drove Xiao Zhan all the way to his apartment. Xiao Zhan took off his helmet and returned it to Yibo. "Thanks for the ride. It's pretty late though, wouldn't your parents worry?" Xiao Zhan asked. 

"I don't think they care... but I'm happy you do," Yibo answered with a slight smile on his face. Xiao Zhen went silent for a while but not wanting it to be awkward, he just smiled back. "Okay, anyway drive home safe. Text me if you get there."

"So you do really care about me." Yibo chuckled as he put on his helmet. Xiao Zhan just rolled his eyes jokingly. Yibo waved his last goodbye and finally drove off. Xiao Zhan still felt weird. He told himself that he'd be strict with his students and all but with Wang Yibo, he was totally off guard.

He was always told for having such a weak personality for a man and he had been trying so hard to change. He, himself hated being that weak and vulnerable. But for the first time, being with Wang Yibo, he didn't feel that way although he acted his old self. 

Wang Yibo, on the other hand, was at the top of the mountains. The Xiao Zhan he hung out with was the one he met three months ago... the one he actually falls in love with. He wished time had stopped this way. Like in the movies, he wished the same day would repeat. Then he could take Xiao Zhan different places each day.

---

Wang Yibo finally did the extra worksheet for the first time in his life. After the class ended, he walked up to Xiao Zhan's desk and turned in his work. Seeing it, Xiao Zhan slightly smiled. He put the paper into a file and shoved it into his bag.

"Senior Xiao, do you wanna see me race?" Yibo suddenly asked. Xiao Zhan turned to him and paused for a while, "Wang Yibo, isn't that dangerous? Racing? Do your parents even know about this?" 

"You didn't answer my question... do you wanna see me race?" Yibo asked, sounding a little bit impatient. Xiao Zhan nodded softly, "Well yes, only if it's safe. Are you like going to take me to those underground kind of thing... you know... like in the middle of the night... drug lords and stuff..." Xiao Zhan asked.

Yibo burst out laughing. "You watch way too many movies, Senior Xiao. I have a license and drug lords don't come to races! There are some midnight races... but that's not where I am taking you. I'm just showing you where I practice and stuff. So you're coming, right? Can I pick you up this Saturday?" 

Xiao Zhan smiled and agreed. "And one more thing... can I just call you Zhan ge? Senior Xiao sounds a bit distant..." Yibo asked while pouting slightly. Xiao Zhan didn't reply immediately. "You don't like Zhan ge? How about Zhan Zhan then?" Yibo teased. 

"Wang Yibo! You!" Xiao Zhan pointed his fingers at Yibo and tried to act angry but inside, he was just embarrassed and shy. "Hmm... you don't like Zhan Zhan too?" Yibo smirked.

"Just call me Zhan ge... it's fine." Xiao Zhan finally spoke up. Yibo felt his heart skipped a beat from the overflow of endorphins. "Zhan ge! Zhan ge! Zhan ge! ZHAN GE, answer me!" Yibo took away the worksheets from Xiao Zhan to grab his attention.

"Wang Yibo... I've agreed to follow you to your practice... I've also allowed you to call me Zhan ge... what else do you want from me?" Xiao Zhan cried. At that moment, he just wanted to run away before his face goes red.

"Zhan ge... I-" but before Wang Yibo could continue, they were interrupted by a knock. They both turned to see Xuan Lu at the door. "Xiao Zhan!! Why aren't you picking up my calls? I've called you several times." she said in a worrisome matter. 

"What's wrong, jie? I'm sorry... my phone is still in silent mode." Xiao Zhan answered, after checking his phone. "Zhuo Cheng... he... he got into a car accident!!" Xuan Lu explained. 

As soon as he heard that, Xiao Zhan grabbed everything on the desk and quickly stuffed it into his bag. He rushed out of the room without even saying goodbye to Yibo. Xuan Lu offered to drive so they both left together.

At that moment, Yibo felt nothing but anger... anger that originated from jealousy. He wondered why does it always have to be Wang Zhuo Cheng? He has lost so many things... but he is not letting Xiao Zhan go... he can't. 

---

That evening, a text came into Yibo's phone. He immediately took it out of his pocket and looked at it;

Zhan ge ❤︎: sorry i left so abruptly... should've said goodbye... 

Yibo: nah... it's fine... is your friend okay?

Zhan ge ❤︎: just minor concussion, fortunately.

Yibo: oh

Yibo stared at his phone silently. He was just sitting on one of the benches on the racing track. Pei Xin and Hao Xun were chattering on their own about some funny video they found on Weibo.

Yibo knew he likes Xiao Zhan more than a friend. However, he wasn't sure if he can love Xiao Zhan. Is there even something like that between two grown men? Love? Even if he can, will Xiao Zhan love him back?

Even if he did, how would society view them? What if they tried to keep it a secret but the whole world later finds out? How would Wang Zhuo Cheng react? He would definitely break them up. Then who would Xiao Zhan choose? Him or a junior he had known since childhood? 

"Wang Yibo? What are you staring at? You've been quiet these days... not like you were ever noisy but you get my point." Pei Xin asked after laughing for like 10 straight minutes. "Aiya, it's not something new Lao Wang act like this! Didn't you say you wanted to eat hot pot tonight, why don't we go there?" Hao Xun tried to change the subject, knowing Yibo's concern had to do something with Xiao Zhan.

"Qi Pei Xin! You still have the guts to show up here." Suddenly someone interrupted their conversation. The three boys turned their heads and spotted He Peng and his gang. Hao Xun let out a sigh thinking just the right timing.

"Wang Yibo, you got lucky last time but this time there is no one to save you anymore." He Peng spoke while tightening his grip on the bat in his hand. "He Peng! I am the one you're looking for... leave my friends alone!" Pei Xin shouted.

"Cmon... let's not do this today. Plus, we are in public. Let's not get ourselves into trouble, shall we?" Hao Xun intervened. "I haven't done anything and you guys are already scared. By the way Wang Yibo... I heard you found a new buddy... Xiao Zhan."

Hearing the name, Yibo's eyes immediately shifted to He Peng. His eyes went dark, filled with anxiety. "Look at you, all worried and shit. Don't worry, I don't have plans to do anything to your new buddy... well, at least not yet. It's not ripe enough to harvest. Am I right?" 

"He Peng! Don't cross the line. Pei Xin will pay you back soon. Let's act like adults!" Hao Xun tried to divert the attention but He Peng had already caught Yibo's weakness. Yibo on the other side may look calm on the outside, his mind was like being stuck in threads of cobwebs, unable to break through and it suffocated him every second.

---