Chapter 2

The class ended without any problems just like Xiao Zhan wished. To be honest, although he had a calm appearance, he was actually really nervous as it's his first class. But embarrassing himself in front of juniors is the last thing he wanted. Yibo quickly left once the class dismissed, after all, he was just there for attendance.

After the class, Xiao Zhan decided to head back to the teachers' lounge where he ran into Cao Yu Chen on the way. Yu Chen was a mutual friend through Xuan Lu, one of Xiao Zhan's closest friends since childhood.

"Xiao Zhan! Did you just come back from your discussion class?" Yu Chen asked. "Yes, thank god I didn't screw up. Somehow, I still feel I didn't do well." Xiao Zhan sighed.

"Well, you get paid at least. Xuan Lu and I work at the lab day and night researching but we don't get paid." Yu Chen complained. Xuan Lu was his girlfriend. They were introduced to each other by their parents but didn't like each other at first. But later, Yu Chen met her again at the university and finally asked her out.

"Says the one who lives in a mansion as huge as this school." Xiao Zhan chuckled softly. Yu Chen just shyly smiled. He never liked to show off how wealthy he is but he comes from a really rich family. His father is even part of the school board. After a short pause, Xiao Zhan continued, "I have to go report the professor quickly. I need to meet someone afterward!"

"Oh, you mean Zhuo Cheng? No wonder he is sitting alone in the lobby. I think he was waiting for you." Yu Chen said.

"Yeh, he needed help with some stuff. He didn't tell me he's gonna wait downstairs though. Guess I have to quickly go and report to the professor." Xiao Zhan said. Yu Chen nodded in agreement. "Sure! See you around!"

Zhuo Cheng is a close junior of Xiao Zhan. They were family friends and Xiao Zhan tutored Zhuo Cheng since they were little. They were really close despite the 5 years age difference. Zhuo Cheng was never closed to his father when he found out his father had another son out of wedlock and would constantly stay in contact with them. His mother died with cancer when he was 7. Afterward, Xiao Zhan was like a family figure to him as well as friends.

After reporting to the professor, Xiao Zhan headed out straight to the lobby. "Zhuo Cheng!" he called out instantly when he spotted his friend. "Zhan ge, you're here. How did you know I was here?" Zhuo Cheng asked.

"Yu Chen told me he saw you earlier. I told you my class ends at 4. How long have you been here?" Xiao Zhan asked worriedly. "Not long... I just wanted to get out of the house." Zhuo Cheng sighed. "What's wrong?" Xiao Zhan asked back.

"The old man brought his son home. And he is living with us from now on." Zhuo Cheng exclaimed. Xiao Zhan didn't know what to say. He didn't want to intervene in other people's family business. "How long is he going to stay?" Xiao Zhan asked.

"I don't know. He never told me. Can I stay at your place?" Zhuo Cheng requested, even though he knew Xiao Zhan wouldn't agree. "Don't be silly. You know I live in a tiny apartment and even if I lived in a much bigger one, I wouldn't let you stay with me. I think it's time you should mend your relationship with your dad and your brother."

"Brother? He's not my brother! And the damage has already been made. There's no way going back. Zhan ge, can we just to our study session somewhere else? I just don't want to go home yet." Zhuo Cheng sighed.

"Sure, just for today. Was it math that you needed help?" Xiao Zhan asked. "I need help with everything. Why do you even ask?" Zhuo Cheng rolled his eyes. Xiao Zhan just chuckled.

(Next week)

Xiao Zhan passed out the worksheets for the class and started his lecture as usual. He went through the questions from past exams. While some of them listened, most of them were rather distracted. The girls were either on their phones or just talking to each other.

Yibo noticed that Xiao Zhan didn't remember him at all. He didn't know why he was even bothered by that fact. In his entire life, the only thing Yibo spent this much time thinking was his motorbike, no one else. 

"I've emailed you all extra practice questions and if you did them, you can submit it to me now. As promised, it will be counted as extra credit. The professor may have already told you guys this but there will be no extra credits granted at the end of the semester. I advise you all to do these small exercises." Xiao Zhan said.

The classes ended as usual. Xiao Zhan turned off the projector and grabbed his backpack, preparing to leave before someone came up to him. He looked up and it was Yibo. However, he didn't remember Yibo, he only felt somewhat similar.

"How can I help you?" Xiao Zhan asked. "I... I..." Yibo didn't know what to say. He didn't even know why he went to the front desk in the first place. Millions of thoughts crossed his mind. Was he angry that Xiao Zhan didn't remember him? Is that why he came up like this to tell him? Maybe there was a small chance Xiao Zhan might actually remember him.

"I forgot to do the practice question." Yibo finally blurted out whatever came to his mind. Yibo felt extremely embarrassed and he felt the heat was burning on his face. How in the world did those words slip through the mouth of Wang Yibo? He didn't believe himself either.

"Oh, it's alright. We have this class every week and I'll be emailing you these practice questions every week. If you weren't able to do this week, you can do the one next week. It's just one extra credit anyways." Xiao Zhan patted Yibo's shoulders and left.

Yibo suddenly felt angrier, Xiao Zhan still didn't remember him. After all, he lost the chance to participate in the skateboard competition that he practiced so hard for. The competition is held worldwide, it was the only chance for him while it was held in China. He felt Xiao Zhan surely needs to do something for him in return.

---

Was he simply just angry? I'm guessing you all know the answer~