Hades

The crowd had erupted in cheers and everything was so loud and chaotic, but I couldn't care less.  I was so utterly happy.  Carlos chest bumps my dad and Dad gives Jay a one arm hug.  Mal and I race over to Evie and we share a group hug.  I pull back and stare at Evie, "Did you know?  That Jay was going to propose to me?"  Evie playfully rolls her eyes, "No, like I would let a single detail go unplanned.  He decided at the last minute he wanted to pop the question to you.  He told Ben first and then asked your parents.  You should've seen Ben.  He looked to the sky and mouthed, "Finally, yes!""

I laugh and Evie hugs Mal again, "You are going to rock that crown."  Allison rushes up to me and hugs me so tightly I can barely breath.  Al gushes, "Okay, so Evie and I have only done about a thousand sketches of both of your wedding dresses, and Belle's already planned an engagement party next week for you both."

We both laugh and Mal jokes, "Well I guess it's a good thing we said yes!"  I giggle and hug Jay again.  Mal hugs Mom and Dad and Mother gushes, "I finally get a second daughter!"  I laugh and squeal, "I get a sister!"  Mal and I turn to the VKs and Jay announces, "All bow to her royal majesties!"  Evie curtsies and Jay and Carlos bow as Carlos mocks, "Oh, yes.  Her royal purpleness and blueness."  Mal and I snicker and Mal waves her hand, "Silence, you annoying peasants."  I laugh as Jay stands up, "As you wish, my liege."  "Her crankiness," Carlos jokes and I almost double over, laughing.  I kiss Jay but when we break apart, I see Audrey walking towards Mal.  "Be right back," I assure Jay and rush to Mal's side.  Audrey grabs Mal's arm and holds onto it firmly.

"Congratulation," Audrey says unsmiling, but Mal is speechless with joy.  "You won him fair and square."  Mal's smile freezes.  "Oh wait...no, you didn't. You spelled Ben to destroy all of Auradon."  She fake smiles, tilting her head, "Touching story for the grandkids."  Mal's smile drops and her mouth slightly opens.  I grab Audrey's wrist and I can feel my face growing hot.  I give it a squeeze and Audrey lets go of Mal's arm.  But I keep my grip on her wrist.

"Listen, princess.  Mal did win Ben fair and square.  Even after the spell wore off, Ben realized he loved her more than you.  Besides, he would never have given you the Queen's crown.  He would have realized that you're just a kiss-up who wants everything laid at her feet."  Her mouth drops open and she gasps.  I tilt my head mockingly to the side and grin wickedly.  Mal looks behind us and sees Ben give Jay a fist bump, "Let's do this."  Mal turns back to us and puts her hand on my shoulder.  I release Audrey's wrist and Mal speaks up, "Speaking of kids...we have some kids waiting on us.  So, if you'll excuse us?"

She guides me away from Audrey and whispers, "Did you know your eyes turned blue?  Like crazy metallic blue?"  My eyes widen as I don't have blue eyes.  I have brown eyes, "No way!  Well...she did make me pretty mad.  But I had no idea I could do that.  That's so cool!  But don't tell Ben or Jay.  I don't want them to worry."  She winks and pretends to zip her lips, "You got it, sis."  I grin and hug her, "I am so happy to have a sister!"  She grins, "Me too.  We'll be the best queens Auradon has ever seen."  I nod and we walk to the limo, arms linked.  "Shotgun!" I yell and the crowd laughs, waving and yelling as I wave goodbye.

I smile at Smee kissing his son's head goodbye.  I give each of them a hug and I take their hands, guiding them to the limo.  Dizzy's grandmother, Lady Tremaine, watches her load her bags.  "Do you have everything?"  Dizzy nods, "Yes.  I have everything."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Granny."  She pulls out a paint splattered glue gun from behind her back, "Oh really?"

Dizzy gasps and I giggle, "My glue gun!"  Lady Tremaine looks down, "I don't know what you're going to do without me."  Dizzy smiles, "I'll miss you."  I can tell, deep down, her grandmother loves Dizzy for the sweet, dear girl she is.  Lady Tremaine hesitates and then waves her off, "Go on, go on."  Dizzy glances at Evie who winks and she embraces her grandmother, "Goodbye, Granny."  Lady Tremaine hesitates and slightly hugs back before guiding her to the limo.

Celia tosses her bag into the trunk and Ben closes it, "Okay.  Let's go and do-"  Celia breezes by him, leaving a faint smell of sass behind, "-this."  I laugh and high five Celia and we drive off.

I sit in the passenger seat with Squirmy in my lap.  He holds Jay's arm, eyes wide with fear even when Jay is driving.  He holds my hand tightly with his other hand.  Evie tells Dizzy, "So as soon as we get to Auradon, you have to try ice cream."  Dizzy asks excitedly, "And go swimming!?"  Evie nods, "I can take you to the enchanted lake."

"I can't believe I get to live with you in your very own castle!" Dizzy squeals.

Evie waves her off modestly, "It's just a little starter castle."

Jay suddenly notices Squirmy's grip on his arm, "Great grip.  You play sports?"  I giggle and kiss the top of Squirmy's head, "You'll be fine, Squirmy.  I promise."  He relaxes and lets go of Jay's arm.  He hides his face in my leather jacket (yes, I put one on) and Jay grins wickedly at me, "You're really good with kids."  I narrow my eyes and give him a sideways look, "Don't get any ideas, Jay."  I warn in a slow, deadly tone.  He just laughs and I can't help but smile.

Carlos gives Squeaky a Resse and after one nimble, Squeaky starts to devour it.  "I know.  Dig in, dig in," Carlos says and I chuckles to myself, thinking about when Carlos first arrived and had chocolate all over his face.  Now I know where it probably came from.  I can hear Celia playing fortune teller with Ben and I know I'm definitely going to like her.

Just as we cross the magic barrier and drive unto the bridge, Evie says, "It's Hades!"  "What?!" I twist back a peek through the side window.  Through the small space, I see Hades trying to break the barrier.  "Stop the car, Jay!  He's trying to escape!"  Jay slams on the brakes and jumps out the car.  I unbuckle myself and strap Squirmy in, "Stay here!"  I join Jay's side and Hades's blue hair turns into blue flames, "I am a God!  I don't belong here!"  

The boys rush to push him back, but he blasts them with his ember and laughs, smiling at me and Mal.  I feel my face grow hot again and my hand tightens into a fist.  I can move things with my mind, but since he's behind the barrier, my powers won't push him back.  I start to twitch and I know my eyes are turning blue because there is a blue border around my vision.  Mal turns into a dragon and Evie rushes to my side.  "Brielle!  Calm down!"  Evie yells and looks at my hands, "Brie, your hands!"  I look down and see my veins are blue, too.  And there is a thin dark blue energy surrounding it.  My mouth drops open and I slowly release my fist, the blue energy going away and my vision returning.

Hades holds Mal back with the power from his ember.  Okay, I've had it.  I hold up my fist, my eyes turning blue again and blast him.  He goes tumbling back and I hear gasps from both behind and in front of the barrier.  Everyone is look either at me or at Dragon Mal.  She slowly eases herself onto the back of the limo.  Ben and Evie help Mal down.  Jay stares at me, "So...didn't know you could do that."  I laugh, "Yeah.  Me neither."  Evie embraces Mal, "Are you okay?"

Mal cries, "No! He was draining all of my magic with the ember, and I felt all of my powers slipping away."  I take her hand, "You're safe. He's back where he belongs."  

"Yeah.  For now," Mal deadpans.  Hades glares at us, mostly me and Mal, for a while before walking away, making the crowd scream and scramble.  

Jay takes my hand, "C'mon.  Let's go."  We walk back to the limo and drive straight for Auradon.