The Isle

I rush outside, fixing my leather jacket as I run, "Evie!"

She turns and her eyes widen, "Wow.  Where have you been hiding that?" I shake my head, smiling slightly, "Don't ask."  She nods and hands me a black fishnet beanie, "Put this on."  I shove it on my head as Ben comes out, "Jay.  Keys, remote."  He tosses the objects to him but Evie stops, "Wait.  Something's wrong."  We all look at each other worriedly.  What now?  She walks over to Ben and fixes his beanie.  My shoulders slump in relief.

"Shotgun," a voice yells.  We turn and our eyes widen when we see Dude.  Since when could he speak?  Carlos doesn't not seen affected by this, "No, Dude, stay. The Isle is too dangerous." Dude whines and Jay points to Dude, "Did he just —"

"Talk? Yeah, I know. Tell you later."   We pile into the limo and I ride shotgun with Jay. 

"Once we cross the bridge, park under the pier near the garage. Got it?" Evie says from the backseat.

"Got it," Jay says before driving off.  When we reach the border, I press the button to open the barrier.  We cross the magical barrier and are officially in the Isle.  We slid out the car and Carlos calls, "Jay!  Help me with the tarp."  I look around.  I've never been on the Isle, but I know how to be a villain.  "Okay, Brie.  I'm gonna give you just a few tips," Jay says as he helps Carlos with the tarp.  "Not necessary.  I know how to be a villain," I shrug.  "You don't even know how to pickpocket," Carlos agrees.  I take Carlos's wallet from the sleeve of my leather jacket and Jay's beanie from my jeans pocket.  Carlos snatches his wallet and Jay takes his beanie.  Jay smirks, "Okay.  How did you learn to pickpocket?"

I shrug, "My friend Ryan.  He's Flynn Rider's son.  He was a criminal, a thief.  He taught me how to be a villain."  I hear Ben yell, "What's in here?"  I turn to see him by a tunnel and I race over to pull him back.  "You don't wanna know," Jay says, looking at the tunnel.  "Guys, chill.  The last thing we need is our parents figuring out we're here," Carlos reminds us.

We walk into the streets when two kids run up to me and Evie.  They start trying to pickpocket us.  "Stop!" We snap but then I get a better look at them.  A boy and a girl with dirty faces stare back up at me.  Their clothes are dirty and torn.  The kids holding Evie's wallet are in the same condition.  Evie looks at me and I nod.  I turn to the kids, "Just take it."  They go to leave, "Wait."  They stop and I hand them each another bill that I had left in a pocket.  They grin and hug me tightly before running off.  Evie turns to me and smiles, nodding.

I look around and see Ben trying to talk to a dirty merchant.  I pull him back and Evie scolds, "Ben, this isn't a parade.  It's the Isle."

"Keep your hands in your pockets unless you're stealing," Jay instructs.

"Either slouch or strut," Carlos says.

"Oh!  And never, ever smile," I add, remembering Ryan's lessons.

"Okay," Ben says, a little surprised I know how to be a villain.  "Thank-"

Evie stops him, "Ah!  No "thank you" and drop the please.  Just...chill."

Let me tell you something you can really trust
Everybody's got a wicked side
I know you think that you can never be like us
Watch and learn so you can get it right
You need to drag your feet
You need to nod your head
You need to lean back
Slip through the cracks
You need to not care
Uh, you need to not stare
You need a whole lot of help
(You need to not be yourself)
You wanna be cool?
Let me show you how
You don't break the rules
I can show you how
And once you catch this feeling
You'll be chillin', chillin', oh
Chillin' like a villain (chillin')
Chillin' like a villain (hey)
Chillin' like a, chillin' like a (hey), villain
You draw attention when you act like that
Let us teach you how to disappear
You look like you would lose a fight to an alley cat
Gotta be wrong to get it right 'round here
You need to watch your back
You need to creep around
You need to slide real smooth
Don't make a sound
And if you want it, take it
And if you can't take it, break it
And if you care about your health
(Seriously, you need to not be yourself)
You wanna be cool?
Let me show you how
You don't break the rules
I can show you how
And once you catch this feeling
You'll be chillin', chillin', oh
Chillin' like a villain (chillin')
Chillin' like a
I really wanna be bad a lot
And I'm giving it my best shot
But it's hard being what I'm not
Well if you don't, you're gonna get us caught
He's right, we gotta stay low-key
Now show us how bad you can be
Like this? (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Like this? (yeah, yeah)
Oh yeah, I think I got this
Let's go, I'm ready to rock this
And I ain't gonna thank you for your help
I think I found the worst in myself
You wanna be cool?
Let me show you how
You need to break the rules
I can show you how
And once you catch this feeling
You'll be chillin', chillin', oh
Chillin' like a villain (chillin')

We laugh as we watch Ben do silly dance moves down an alley.  Maybe this won't be so hard after all...

A/N- Probably not my best chapter, but I was rushing.  TYSM FOR ALL THE READS!!!  Literally thought this story would be buried under all the way better fanfics.  I try to update daily, but if I slip up, just know it's bc freshman year of high school is keeping me busy!  I am currently writing my Carlos De Vil love story and hope to publish it tomorrow.  Bai y'all!