I Love You

The moment we step foot on the courtyard, Allison rushes over to me, "Where have you been?  I've been worried sick!"

I close my eyes and hold up both of my hands, "Do not ask.  Just...tell me what you want."

Allison sees how annoyed and tired I am and puts a reassuring hand on my shoulder, "Um, I really just wanted to get you prepped for Cotillion.  I made a few adjustments to your dress and...yeah.  Just the full spa treatment.  You look so dirty and tired- you could totally use it.  What happened?  A-Are you okay?"

I put my arm around her, almost leaning on her, "I'll tell you later.  I need a nap honestly.  I have to swing by the gym later.  But after that, you can do whatever you want to prep me, okay?"  She nods and before she steers me to our dorm, I mouth to Jay, "See you later."  He nods and I wave as she guides me.

I tell her everything as I undress in my walk in closet and lay down to take a nap.  Allison brushes my hair away from my eyes as I snuggle deeper into my comforter, "Get some sleep, Brie.  I'll wake you to go to the gym.  I'll tag along, too, okay?"  I'm asleep the moment she finishes talking.

________________________________________________________________________________

I feel so much better when I wake up.  Ally accompanies me to the gym and we stand on the balcony, looking down at the fencers.

"Ok boys, huddle up.  Alright... you guys know I come from the isle.  Things are pretty wack, but there is one thing the isle got over Auradon...if you're strong... we want you by your side- boy or girl," Jay says.

Chad interrupts, "Hold on, Jay.  We don't break the rules here in Auradon- that's on the Isle."

I call down, "One rule of Auradon is to respect your fellow classmate and to be nice.  You break that rule every time you speak or even open your mouth, Chad."  Al giggles and high-fives me quietly.

Jay grins up at us and then reads from the rule book, "A team should be compromised of a captain and eight men.  So...give it up to your new team captain."

Lonnie struts in and Ally- mouth agape- and I clap, and the boys bow to her.  Chad is the last one, reluctantly bowing to his superior.  She blows a whistle, "Give me ten."

She puts her foot on Chad's back, "Pick it up, Chad.  Nice form, Jay."  When they finish, she blows into her whistle again, "Alright, get outta here!  Go get ready for Cotillion."

________________________________________________________________________________

3rd Person POV

"Jay!  Wait till I tell my Mom," Lonnie says excitedly.  "Thank you," she adds more quietly.  "Don't mention it.  Thank Brielle.  It was her idea," Jay beams.  Lonnie looks up at the balcony where Brielle and Allison were talking.  Well, more like Allison was talking rapidly and Brielle was nodding vigorously.  She looks down for a minute then back at Jay, "I'll thank her in more than one way."

"Jay...you're making a big mistake not asking Brielle to Cotillion.  She loves you-"  Jay interrupts, "I thought...Ryan is her boyfriend."  Lonnie laughs, "Her ex-boyfriend.  They dated when they were 13 and broke up a year later.  Because they realized they love each other as best friends, like siblings even.  She doesn't love him like she loves you.  And no matter what you say...I know you love her too."

She looks back up to the balcony where Allison was showing Brielle something on her phone and Brie was still nodding, trying to keep up with Allison's rapid-fire speech.  Lonnie chuckles and shakes her head, "Just ask her.  You'll regret it if you don't."

Lonnie runs out the room and Jay thinks for a minute before calling Brielle, "Brielle!  Do you have a minute?"  Allison looks playfully annoyed, "Brie, you promised after practice I could give you the full treatment."  Jay looks at Brielle pleadingly, "It's important."  Brie's eyes never leave Jay, "Allison, why don't you go to our dorm?  I'll be there soon."

Allison leaves and Brielle leans against the railing, "What's up?"

"Will you go to Cotillion with me?"

Brielle's eyes light up and she grins, "Of course I will.  In that case...I really gotta go get ready."

Jay laughs and then pauses as she turns to leave, "Brielle?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

Brielle freezes then grins wider than he had ever seen, "I love you, too.  I love you so much."